You are here

BM has officially lost her mind

rebecca1980's picture

DH is working with his attorney, just filed a motion to modify child support. He found out that the lawyer BM used to send the threatening letters isn't even on her case. So it looks like this will all turn out okay. After years of being pretty easy for DH to work with BM is now doing really strange things.

Like she demanded that DH send SD13 back to BM on the morning of Father's Day (which was his day anyway) because BM and her boyfriend wanted to leave early on their vacation with SD and his kids. When DH said no and offered to get SD to BM early on Monday morning BM totally freaked out. SD wanted to spend Father's Day with DH and wasn't too excited about taking this trip with BM and her boyfriend. BM said that DH "intimidated" SD into wanting to be with him on Father's Day and that he's the reason SD will never be able to speak her mind to the men in her life. It was just so weird.

Then the next night she texted DH a video of a band that she went to see with her boyfriend a band that BM and DH used to go see all the time when they were married. It was creepy. Then she called on Father's Day, crying. DH couldn't even hear what she was saying it was disturbing.

DH didn't respond to any of this except to send an email confirming that SD would be spending Father's Day with him per the parenting plan and that he would give up is Monday with her and make her available early on Monday morning so BM could get a head start on their trip. Now SD is texting DH saying that they won't be back until next Tuesday. She's supposed to be back with DH on Monday. DH is documenting everything for the court. He's totally calm through all of this and his lawyer is great.

It's just so weird that BM has completely lost her mind. We honestly have no idea what brought any of this on. Anybody else have this happen? BM goes crazy out of the blue, with no warning and no trigger that you can see?

rebecca1980's picture

That's why my DH said that maybe BM and her boyfriend are on the outs. They've been dating for 5 years but he won't marry her and doesn't want to live together either. I think maybe she pushed it with him, he said no, and that's when she had that lawyer send threatening letters to DH about how he owes $75k for child support because a "mistake" with the filing with the court. Which DH's attorney looked up and found wasn't true. She's just trying to get money out of whatever man in her life she can. Her dad sends her money every month and he bought her house for her. And she's 53 years old! (So pregnancy hormones are probably not it) I wish my SD had a better role model with her mom instead of woman who doesn't work and manipulates the men in her life to support her. I've been working since I was 16 and I'm the breadwinner in our family!

Rags's picture

Time to get BM certified as having lost her mind. That should clear the decks of her for the duration of the CO.

Good luck.

rebecca1980's picture

HA! Do you think the court will care about any of her behavior? The emails and voicemails and texts? Or do they just look at the parenting plan etc? DH has never gone through this before.

lintini's picture

I've been told of someone doing the same sort of things you are describing to her ex-husband(possibly just separated and not divorced), and her ex had already bought a house with his gf and had been living with her for several years. She would send texts saying happy anniversary, reminiscing, crying, can't make out what she's saying....etc. She went bat shit crazy.

She was drinking and depressed. Drinking A LOT.

Two DUI's, a bench warrant, lost her drivers license...she's a mess. She was driving with the kids drunk in the car but she didn't get them taken away from her. Yet.

I bet she is drinking.

Maxwell09's picture

It sounds like she's just trying to have control in some way or get a reaction from your DH. Don't let her. My DH takes the wind out of BMs sails everytime by ignoring her angry emails and text or by remaining calm if they're in person. The best reaction is no reaction. Well except for filing contempt.