You are here

BM & Facebook .. do you even bother?

SMof2Girls's picture

Ever since BM posted the ghetto rant about "cutting me" on FB, I've been checking in every other day to keep up. She is oddly close to a meltdown .. I feel it coming.

Some of her posts since Wednesday:

"Mommy with the red hair WTF" .. (this is what the skids call her when they're at our house)

"I hate people who want to be difficult just because they can. Stress over one day really? Maybe if you didn't
cheat you would have everyday" .. (this is in reference to the plane tickets she bought for the girls to TX 2 days earlier while they are still on DH's custody time - and yes, he's being difficult. The cheating part is just funny because SHE'S the one who had an affair which led him to end his marriage to her. Not sure if she meant to add that part?)

"Just not worth the stress or space in my brain. Get over it!" .. (No idea what this is in reference to)

"I am and will always be their mommy. There may be a step mother, but there will only ever be one mommy."

The last one reminds of the little dinosaur throwing a fit screaming "NOT THE MOMMA"!!! Yes, she's just that juvenile.

I avoid posting any passive aggressive comments about her or the situation on FB, but sometimes, I just really want to tell her how it really is, for all of her friends/family to see. I know it makes NO difference, they all believe what they want. This is why I spend very little time on that site ..

stepmom1989's picture

You have her as a friend on FB?? I have a FB and BM has tried and tried to become friends with me and i ignore her EVERYTIME!! Oh hell no! Now that my DH has a FB, I am sure, she will be trying to add her dumb butt to him as a friend and I know he will decline her.

Delete her!

If she is not friends with you on FB, then don't bother looking at her page. You say you spend very little time on the site, yet you say you are checking in on what she says every other day. humm =/
Why let what she posts get to you? Why check up on what she says in the first place? I feel arguing over the internet is like running in the special Olympics... win or loose, your still retarded. If your gonna argue with her, do it in person.

jackieblue's picture

Hey. I wouldnt even bother checking facebook anymore. I find it more damaging then good(Ive almost been out of facebook rehab for over a year). I would try to ignore her, it reminds me of leanne rhimes and her husbands ex wife, twitter rage. It is pointless. She has nothing better to do and hasnt moved on. I on the other hand, am coming in from the opposite page. One of my ex's gfs,would post pictures of herself with my daughter on facebook and would put little captions like, "Im the stepmom"meanwhile they were only dating for a few months. That was a couple of years ago and the girl was 19 or 20. Immature and other stuff to get at me, for whatever reason. Even came to the door once to drop off my daughter haha with him. Anyways, sounds like your husbands ex, is jealous of you. Best to ignore and maybe delete facebook. Sounds like a fucking loser to me(his ex).

BigEasy1203's picture

I can't stand the Skids and Facebook. SD17 has posted many inappropriate and foul-mouthed comments about how much she hates everyone in the town, etc ... and of course many of my family and friends have her as a friend so they get to see this garbage. I shouldn't care but I don't want people to think that I'm okay with it.

Don't get into it on Facebook. It's childish and ridiculous. Let her make a fool of herself, you should take the high ground and be above all of that.

Just me in a big pool of fish's picture

My situation is a little different, I find I'm always the one looking up BM fb page and looking at videos of his daughter (we dont have any contact with her, not because my bf is a bad dad, he pays lots of child maintenance and has tried to see her but BM makes it too difficult for him). I don't know why I do this....I think sometimes its because I wish he could know his daughter and other times it's because I feel jealous that she has had his baby first.......even as I write that I feel insane!!!! lol

Anon2009's picture

I would suggest not looking BM up on fb or any other site. My DH looks at her MySpace to see what her latest shenanigans are and for good reason (see my blog). But I don't. The desire to read anything she says about me is nil because I know it's all false and she's not worth getting irritated over.