You are here

BM and OSD Crossing the line again??!!

Disillusioned's picture

Boy did I call this one

So when OSD and SSIL were at our place on Monday, they had discussed with DH (when I wasn't in the room) that they would like him to come and pick up OSD and YSGS this afternoon and drive her home, since they could finally leave the hospital

Now, SSIL and OSD had already mentioned a whole bunch of times that BM was taking care of OSGS, and that BM was at the hospital (prior to today) helping OSD, that BM was coming to the house to take care of OSD when she got home etc.. etc...

So I asked DH last night if BM would be at the hospital today, driving in the car with him/us to OSD, staying at the house when we were there, etc.. etc...

DH says no, that would be ridiculous, ridiculous of me to even suggest it, of course she wouldn't be there, there was no need, that was why OSD had asked us to pick her up

Uh huh

Sure DH

So, DH phones SSIL today to find out what the drill is, when we pick up OSD and so on. And sure enough, SSIL says that BM's SO had dropped her off at the hospital this morning, and she would be coming in the car with us on the drive to OSD's house, and so on

DH said NO :jawdrop: Smile Smile Smile

DH told SSIL that he wasn't trying to be an asshole, but that NO, he was not comfortable with that arrangement

SSIL immediately said that he got it, no problem, he would have his parents come and get BM, OSD, and YSGS instead

Unbelievable

Of course, I'm sure BM and OSD will still be all snug and happy thinking that I was the one that wasn't comfortable, that's I'm jealous of BM, and so on

Not that I care, in the end, if it is just games they are playing than they got what they deserve

If they honestly weren't (which I find hard to believe) then at least they now know that they're crossing the line

Disillusioned's picture

Yes it's frustrating luvmypuppy...and part of me feels bad about it too Sad

DH seems to believe (or at least he's voiced to me) that he doesn't think there are any games involved at all, that OSD and BM just don't think about it

I mean, after 17 years that BM and I have gotten along just great, it's strange now that problems would start. But with that said, for 16 of the 17 years we got along we also had limited contact, and she did on occasion cross the line during those years, but for the most part everything was just fine

I guess the difference now is between DH's sister and his eldest daughter (OSD) they have taken recently to inviting BM to events she has no business being at: FIL's birthday party, small family dinners for DH's family in which she's been invited, etc...so now maybe they just think it's perfectly fine that even though we were asked to come to hospital to get OSD and YSGS, BM once again just happens to be there and expects to be included on the drive in DH's car with us, to hang out at the hospital and house with us, and so on...

I think BM's SO is of the same mind as DH that there is nothing sneaky in any of it, and part of me worries a little too about that. I would really like to believe it's true and for all of us to continue to get along, but another part of me thinks that OSD is the same old conniving back-stabbing sneak she has been all along, and BM could care less one way or the other...not to mention still has feelings for DH I think, so only too willing to go along with it

Why can't they just knock it all off and show the same respect for others (DH & myself) that they would expect in return?

Not much to ask really, just some simple boundaries here

Disillusioned's picture

Believe me it occurred to me soccerwifeandmom LOL

And luvmypuppy yes, you are exactly right Smile thanks!

Disillusioned's picture

Wow that would be something Sally

We are supposed to be to be picking OSGS up Saturday evening and keeping him until Sunday evening. Both DH & I are wondering if there will be yet another 'surprise' from OSD...that being BM is there at her house and requesting DH drive her home or something stupid again

DH has already thought of that, mentioned to me that if BM is there the deal is off with OSD for babysitting OSGS, so we shall see...

It will make for an interesting evening anyway!