You are here

Birthday Party invitation.

janeyc's picture

Boo hoo I hav'nt been invited to sd6 birthday party today, also bm has made sure that the party is when fdh cannot make it due to work, he finishes at 5 today, so bm could, have had it then really, yet he has been criticised for not taking a day off at 1 days notice, cheeky bm has asked me to watch sd tomorrow though, Im good enough to watch sd6 but not good enough to attend the party lol, I think I've, reached a milestone today, in that I don't care, in fact I even chuckled about it, I have realised that if I let her get to me, I will go crazy, mind you it has taken 2 yrs to get here. Smile

GizmoBarnOwl's picture

Ha ha we now do separate birthdays anyway. My daughter was invited to bms house for sds birthday. i said no. i wouldn't trust her with my fish let alone my child!!! Infact i wouldn't trust her with a pet sock puppet !

supawoman's picture

We had our own bday parties when my skids were younger. It cuts out the drama of who will or wont be invited.

Delilah's picture

Such a shame you will miss out on experiencing screaming,souped up little kids running around high on sugar and excitment, BM making evil eyes at you and being made to feel uncomfortable the entire time when instead you get a free day to yourself! Yeah thats punishment indeed.

Ha! To think she has got one over you and DH. In one way its really good that DH cant make it because at least you dont have to have that conversation about whether you are going, hes going...just have her tomorrow (if DH is off, as I wouldnt otherwise) and celebrate her birthday then without BM towering over you!

Delilah's picture

Such a shame you will miss out on experiencing screaming,souped up little kids running around high on sugar and excitment, BM making evil eyes at you and being made to feel uncomfortable the entire time when instead you get a free day to yourself! Yeah thats punishment indeed.

Ha! To think she has got one over you and DH. In one way its really good that DH cant make it because at least you dont have to have that conversation about whether you are going, hes going...just have her tomorrow (if DH is off, as I wouldnt otherwise) and celebrate her birthday then without BM towering over you!

discfocused's picture

I agree. I have always planned my fskids birthdays here so 2 years ago when he went to his sons bday I was pissed. He does not know any of the people there and doesnt need to associate with bm and her family anymore so I see no reason he needs to go. I told him if it happened again I would have nothing to do with putting together their parties ever again.

Disneyfan's picture

Mom did the right thing.

BM isn't invited to parties that DF and I have for SDs and we're not invited to her parties.

If her dad attends the party, will he help help fund it?

janeyc's picture

Trust me I don't want to go, but I know I will get the same comment as last year, oh why did'nt you come? I will say the same as last year, I was'nt invited, it just makes me laugh to be honest, she decided upon the time of the party the day before and then wonders why bd can't take a day of work to go.

janeyc's picture

To begin with I watched sd6 to smooth a way for us all to get on ok, it did help, but now she uses me really, after tomorrow I will not be doing it anymore and now she won't be able to lie in anymore and see her scummy boyfriend as much, ha ha.

GizmoBarnOwl's picture

Yeah i wouldn't be doing her any favours either. although at least she asks you. my bm threatened fdh with not seeing his kids again if they ever saw me or my daughter again! Idiot. I wouldn't babysitter for fdh either because its his time with his kids not mine.

janeyc's picture

Well we have for 2 days and nights a week, and I also watch her by myself, anyone with half a brain should know that if you are horrible to a person that is helping you, they are going to stop, but logic is an unknown word to her.

Jonesie's picture

We don't do joint parties, and we alternate yearly on who invites the school friends. Last year we invited the school friends so this year it was BM's turn.

Two days before BM's party she told DH she wasn't inviting any school friends - so DH and I sent evites out to her friends. BM was livid that we invited her school friends when it was her year. Well if you aren't inviting anybody what difference does it make.

There's always something to argue over.

Newstep's picture

We don't have joint parties either. We always have a party for SD BM does nothing. She promises the moon then never follows through so SD is always disappointed.

luchay's picture

Perfect timing for me - OH and I just had a discussion about this yesterday - both skids birthdays are in July so I wanted to start planning/saving for presents etc.

BM always has a small party for each and a large joint "family" party where all the adult friends & their kids and the family go. Last year OH and I weren't living together and he had told her about a month earlier that he would be away (seeing me) one particular weekend so she planned the family party for that weekend then gave him hell for not going to the party.

I told him yesterday that I had no expectation of an invite to her family party (his family will be there too) and that I wouldn't want to go anyway. But I also said that I don't want him going either. He seemed a bit put out and disappointed about that!! I went on to tell him that WE are a couple now and he shouldn't be attending family events like he is still with her. It's US or nothing.

WE are having our own celebrations for both kids, and he is welcome to invite his family to those but that it is NOT appropriate for him to attend HER family party.

I am hoping I got understood! (but was wondering to myself afterwards if I was in the wrong to ban him from his kids birthday celebrations...)