You are here

BioMom and Little League Embezzlement

bjmoore17's picture

Well, it finally happened. We have been waiting for this ball to start bouncing and it has. My bf's ex-wife was charged with embezzeling money from the little league that her kids played for. She was on the board for the little league. I don't know how much she embezzled but it was enough to send her to court. She plead guilty, now we don't know what's going to happen. We are in WV and I believe the penalty is up to 10 yrs probation, at least a $1,500 fine (depending on the amount embezzled) can go up to $150,000. She can also get jail time.
My bf wants custody of the children so bad and I think now is the time to take her back to court. From what we are told by an attorney friend, embezzlement isn't that big of a deal in court, but it makes that person look bad, really discredits their word. We have nothing to hide, but she has so many skeletons in her closet its ridiculous.

Most Evil's picture

Oh wow that is unbelievable - is she that hard up, to steal from kids club? I am sorry but this is so lame, what is she thinking and is there a valid reason she needs this money? I am sure this would hurt her chances of getting a job, to be sure?

I think you are right this is a good time to ask for custody, and I hope you get it. She is messed up.

bjmoore17's picture

She needed the money to pay for her and her brother's pain pill addiction. Yep, she's an addict and is raising children while lying to them about everything. Good role model, huh?

bjmoore17's picture

Forgot to mention that my bf went to courts to get modification papers to fill out this evening. We have a friend that is an attorney and he told us now that she has discredited herself, it would be a good time to take her back to court for contempt and custody. She can be in contempt on a lot of things, we just need to go through the divorce/custody agreement and figure out what. My bf is going to try to order a hair sample drug test when he files for the contempt hearing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying everything works out for the better.

purpledaisies's picture

WOW My ex BF's ex did this too but it was police station! :jawdrop:

I don't know what they'll do to your bm but I know that ex bf ex got like 18 months in jail and had to pay a lot of money back plus she lost her kids to ex bf. I also think that bf got the kids b/c she was in jail for 18 months. When she got out she didn't take him back to court she just left the kids with him.

bjmoore17's picture

We are pretty much prepared for anything that might happen. I own my home, but he lives with his parents because after the divorce he was stuck making the house payment for three more years (2 years left). I am perfectly fine with the kids staying at my house when needed but I don't really want to be invaded right now. I know its not the kids fault that they are in the situation they are subjected to, but I have my brother's pregnant girlfriend living in my basement right now with her 3 yr old daughter. The baby is due Aug 26 (Lord, help me). I am barely paying the bills right now and its financially killing me (neither brother nor his gf have jobs right now...economy, not laziness). I don't know what I will do if I have anymore people taking showers at my house. I would be fine with it as long as he could help with bills, but as of right now, with him paying the payment on the old house and almost $1,000 a month in child support, plus $500/month car payment, I don't think he will be able to pay anything at my house. However, if he gets custody, then I assume he wouldn't have to pay child support and maybe not the house payment either. If she goes to jail, I'm SURE he won't be paying the house payment.
YOu know, I really wouldn't have a problem with him actually moving back into the house he pays for. It's a mess right now I'm sure because he has told me that she is not a housekeeper at all. But, truthfully...I hate where I live because it is a drug neighborhood and I don't have a yard and I would really like to live somewhere else. Dream on Alice!!