You are here

bf going out of town, leaving sd with me wtf

dispiritedstepmom2011's picture

bf's grandmother passed away yesterday on christmas. she lives out of state so bf and his brother are flying up tomorrow and stayin for 5 days to help their mom out (she lost her sister 5 mnths ago and her dad 2yrs ago---aside from neices who are not around, she just lost her whole family). anyways, he is leaving sd here with me and said bm will take her starting wednesday...i want her gone now! like tonight!

Disneyfan's picture

Take her to her mom.

If your BF were single, he would have purchased an extra ticket or took her home. Having a GF doesn't mean the options should change.

dispiritedstepmom2011's picture

bm said she is getting her wednesday morning. bf has to work half a shift tonight and he passes bm's on the way so i suggested he take sd there on his way to work. he got all defensive im like, dude, im just trying to make shit easier for myself.

and yeah if he was single, sd would be going up for the funeral as well.

unwillingparticipant's picture

I would suspect that there was SOME discussion before he left asking whether or not you were ok babysitting HIS child? If not, and he just assumes you would do it against your wishes, I would ABSOLUTELY drop this child off with bm. It is 100% NOT your responsibility to care for this child. Furthermore, bf might be in violation of any court order which gives bm 'right of first refusal' when bf is unavailable for an extended period of time.

bishop76's picture

I know that it is not your responsibility but do you want to make waves at this moment in time? You will hear about this many times after this date. I am not saying it's right that's just the way it is. The step daughter is the one who is being hurt. Yes he should of taken his daughter with him but alas he did not therefore it has been placed in your lap. Do you get along with the stepdaughter? If the answer is yes then keep her if not deliver her directly to her mother. I know that's not what you wanted to hear but you may need help someday.