You are here

Being destroyed by SDs' siblings and BM

2 bio and 3 not bio's picture

I am really trying to not feel defeated and give up! Over a year ago my SD19 became an adult and decided she hated me. We tried to have family meetings to figure out what the problem was but we never got anywhere. SD19 only walked out in the middle of the conversations.

I don't understand what happened. We always seemed to get along fine. I never took on a discplinary role, never had an arguement with her, and never yelled at her for anything. I let her father handle everything! I actually use to tip toe around her and went out of my way to try to make her happy. It was like walking on egg shells.

Yes there were times that I gave him my opinion on situations to my DH, but that was in private and away from her. He still handle situations they way he felt even if I didn't agree with it but I just dealt with it. The only things she has said is she hates me, I don't have a backbone, she hates that he tells me everything, and I'm always in her business.

Now SD19 has become buddy buddy with my DH's second wife (her younger sisters' BM). She use to hate her also but for goos reason. She was very mean to SD19 and even cursed her out when she was very little. I believe she is connecting with her now to get back at her father. She tried to get my DH to live two separate lives. A life where only her and her sisters exist and a life where only my boys and I exist. She expected him to exclude my kids and I from anything that she is involved with. My kids are very hurt because they once thought she loved them and also don't understand why she wants to exclude them.

SD19 has been interacting more with BM for SD13 and SD10 (I'll call her BM2). SD19 has been making very damaging and untrue statements. She tells BM2 that I'm mean to SD13 and SD10, etc. SD10 has always had trouble adjusting between both households and use to tell her BM that she didn't want to go to dad's because she didn't like me. But as soon as we get to out house, she is connected to my hip and asks me for everything (do her hair, paint her nails, etc.) I can't go to the store real without her begging to go (even if I tell her I'm just getting eg. milk and her dad stays home). She finally stopped lying to her mom about how she felt about me but now everytime SD19 gets together with BM2, I become the target again.

BM2's older daughter posted something on Facebook about people talking about her and running their mouth. BM2 responded to her comment that shouldn't pay attention to what "my name" says. The problem is... I never said it! I know there was alot of arguing this weekend with SD13 and now I wonder if SD13 miss understood the arguments and told her Half Older Sister that I was saying mean things about her! I have tried very hard to never do that and didn't do it this time either!

I'm crushed because I'm afraid SD13 and SD10 are goig to turn against me like SD19 did! It eats at me when someone has a problem with me and I don't know why! I always try to treat people with respect and keep my mouth shut even when I want to say something. I try to stay away from drama but it keeps coming back to me. It's bad enough SD19 has told my DH that he will be invited if she gets married or has children but only him. It's bad enough that her cousins (his nieces) who use to talk to me, now act like I don't exist anymore. It bad enough that SD19 has convinced my Sister-in-law to also exclude me in her life. It breaks my heart that it may also happen with SD13 and SD10 :(. I feel like I'm the outcast when it comes to alot of his family. The only people who talk to me, is his mother (occassionally) and his oldest sister.

Should I just try to disappear when SD13 and SD10 come to visit? I don't know what else to do!

I haven't talked to her for over a year know. My DH even stuck up for me and refused to allow her to alienate me. He has not had a relationship with his daughter because of it which breaks my heart. After all that IS his daughter. We hope that one day she will grow up but even then I'm not sure I want to be around her to get hurt again. Only time will tell!

In the meantime I am afraid that she is now starting to succeed in turning her younger sisters against me too. I know she turned my DH's youngest sister against and possible his nieces too. She made an alliance with his ex-wife (her ex stepmother)... I believe to destroy my relationship with her younger sisters!

What am I to do about SD10 and SD13? I have always been closer to them but now I'm not so sure.

Jsmom's picture

Disengage completely. Completely agree with poster above. You can't win this war, so why engage?

Thank you! It is very hard. I knew that SD19 was a bully when she use to come to our house and tell us stories of how she was mean to kids in school... but I never dreamed that she would bully us! She is very manipulative and knows how to pull the wool over people's eyes!

I plan to talk to SD10 and SD13 when we get them again to ask them if they told their mom I said things about their older sister. We did have arguments (DH, SD13 and I) over the weekend because her mother asked us to provide her clothes for school and school supplies. My DH told SD13 that is why he pays her mother child support. We both tried to explain that by her using it to pay rent for SD13, SD10, their half sister 17, half brother 20, half sister's boyfriend, half brother's friend 21, their cousin 20s? and cousin's boyfriend 20s. That they should be helping with bills or she should get a smaller more affordable place. I wonder if SD13 misunderstood that as us saying her mother should kick out her 17 yr old sister. Neither one of us said that but their half sister17 mentioned it on facebook and BM2 said I was the one who said it! SD19 hasn't commented on it but I'm sure she will get her digs! I'm trying to disconnect but I feel like I need to talk to SD13 to see if she misunderstood us and understands that we don't feel that way at all.

Or should I just let it go and not ask at all?

I know DH probably shouldn't have discussed the child support or any of that with SD13 but I couldn't stop it once he said it. I probably should have stayed out of it too but I was trying to help calm the situation but instead it seems it backfired... now I'm being accused of something I didn't do Sad