You are here

Bad grades again and the school calling

stuknaz's picture

Well the progress reports have come and usual every body is failing or in danger of failing. The oldest one (11th grade) is even failing gym! :O
The school called today it was the French teacher for the youngest SS(9th grade) Teacher stated that ss has been late to her class 16 times!! Well BM takes them to school since she decided to keep the boys(violation of court order). She has also moved out of the school district but the boys use our address so that they can keep attending the same school as last year.
Apparently BM can't get them to school on time(she says they are tired in the morning and has a problem getting them up!)She will not let them take the bus from our neighborhood and insists on driving them because she doesn't want them to see DH!
So..for every fourth lateness it is actually considered an absence and now the kids might have to repeat French and English because they have been late 16 times and the school year has just started!
Then the gym teacher calls and says the oldest stepson is always unprepared and has a 50% average!!! Jeez it's gym for Christ sake and he can't even pass that! BM say sthat they are doing GREAT in school!! :O
Then the Dean of students call and say that they want to set up a meeting with BM and DH next Tuesday because these are red flags and they don't want to call CPS in! :O
BM thinks DH called the school and told them that she didn't live in the district! DH wanted to but he didn't.
The school wanted to know just where DOES BM live?? She is no longer at her current address on file (because she got evicted). She has sinced move to another town and these kids should not be going to our neighborhood school since she is unwilling to let them live with their Dad!
It should be interesting what is going to be said in that meeting!
Again stupid ass BM!! But hey they ain't my kids!!

Jeans222's picture

Sounds to me like you should call CPS ( child protective services) to make sure who is ever in charge of these kids is getting them to school and parenting them

stuknaz's picture

BM is the one who is transporting them to school. Apparently she has a problem getting them toschool on time. She doesn't realize how much trouble she is in. The school is only 15 minutes away and both of the boys go to the same high school!
When they were living here there wasn't any problem.

"And this too shall pass..."

Jeans222's picture

so call CPS !
They are like the police and social services wrapped into one. Give them the info and they will investigate and even have the power to remove the kids from her home should she prove unfit to be raising them.

Just be sure your info is accurate as they are of the minds of :
fool them once
and they will be of no help to you now or in the future.

They are GREAT if there are real problems like this because they investigate and have full powers like the police.
In other words, she can't refuse to be investigated and they will be doing it with a fine tooth comb.

stuknaz's picture

Oh Crayon you are sooo right again!!

But I think that they are old enough to be responsible for tehir own grades good/bad! They are old enough to get their butts up and ready for school.

She is a piece of work as well. She doesn't realize how serious this is! Stupid azz woman!

stuknaz's picture

Oh Dr. Phil. I mean Dr. Crayon you are so RIGHT again!!

LizzieA's picture

I'm glad your school is 1) acting quickly and 2) including your DH. In our case, SS was repeating 8th grade and had about 80 tardies. BM couldn't get him up. But ask DH for help? No way.
The school filed a child in need of services petition after threatening to (in Dec.). Our lovely BM never said a word. DH didn't learn about it until March, when he was served court papers at our house. Bout had a heart attack.

SS had also been arrested for pot possession in Sept. that year and DH did not learn about it for five months. SS has had three rocky years, mostly due to his own fault and BM's slack parenting. Poor DH has been marginalized by BM and only gets called to be the clean-up crew after they made a god-awful mess.

Good luck and I hope you get the boys back, if that is what you want.