You are here

Baby shower

SummerMomma719's picture

My SD is 7 and is totally alset with anything to do with the fact that we are having a baby. Anytime she sees anything baby related or the topic comes up she runs in the other room with an attitude. I don't want her to be at the baby shower. After all she's alset with me having a baby. Idk it's just frustrating. Why be there just to pout? I'd rather her not go

oldone's picture

I think it would be a disservice to her to make her go. She would be miserable. No reason to put her (or you) through that.

Seeing the baby get all these gifts and people being so excited over the coming baby would probably be agony for her.

Aeron's picture

I'd go with "It a party for grown ups, you and SD should go do x together and have a nice time". Unless it's a mixed group and your DH is expected. Then get a sitter because poor SD will just be bored out of her skull with only adults around.

SummerMomma719's picture

Thanks. Now I just need to talk to my husband and see what he says. I guess the plan already is his mother is going to pick of SD N bring her to the shower. But I'd like to see if there was a way to have her not go. She doesn't talk much. And does t speak up an open up. When asked if she was going to go to the shower by my mother she just shrugged her shoulders and grunted like yea sure. But no enthusiasm or anything.

SummerMomma719's picture

Not sure. But it's annoying. She doesn't like the fact that we are having a baby. He BM told us when a baby comercial comes on tv SD runs out of the room all pissy. When we talk to her about the baby, showed her sonogram pictures or w.e else she just looks and wlks away. Or just shrugs her shoulders an leaves. It's annoying and I'm not gonna let her bother me n ruin this happy time for me and my DH because she is like this. She needs to get over herself

Aeron's picture

Why does your MIL feel the need to bring her? Are there supposed to be other kids there? How does the hostess feel about a 7 y/o being there?

christinen's picture

I definitely would not want my SD at my baby shower. I would just be completely honest with your DH and say this is a celebration of you and the new baby (which is 100% true). Kids at showers are annoying anyway.

SummerMomma719's picture

I completely agree. But I'm afraid to come straight out and say that. My mother is the one that is pushing for her to go. It's driving me nuts and I'm having NO say in it. I know she will always be a part of the family is my DH DD but this is OUR baby. She is from the past and I feel like I don't want her part if the shower so I can see his past walking around pouting

SummerMomma719's picture

7 going on 20. She doesn't play like a kid she prefers to sit around with adults and talk. You try and play a game with her color, crafts anything a 7 year old would enjoy an she is bored and could care less.

SummerMomma719's picture

Again we try talking to her my DH has sat with her and told her shes always going to be his daughter and he will love her just the same blah blah blah and we tried showing her pictures of the sonograms and tried getting all giddy with her and she just shrugs her shoulda and says cool.

SummerMomma719's picture

So I was just informed that SD will be attending my baby shower. I DO NOT want her there and she is going. It's this Saturday and that's all I have on my mind. I'm pissed