You are here

Asking for money

Daisymazy2's picture

SD, age 20, lives with BM.  She said that BM is kicking her out in March. SD has known about this since Oct.  SD is looking for apartments but she hasn't saved any money for a deposit.  She thinks that she can afford an $800 or more payment for a 1 bedroom apartment.  I told DH in Oct that SD should save the $800 a month until January and she should have more than enough.  Most places want a deposit plus first and last months rent.

She sent DH a text a couple of days ago to inform him that  it would be nice if he would contribute to the apartment fund.  She found a room to rent for $400.  Dh and I do not have a joint account so if he wishes to give her money, he isn't using my money to do so.  She works at target.  She owns 2 horses that she boards at a local barn in town.  She has a cat and a dog.  I am not sure how she is going to afford living by herself.   DH seems to be a little upset about it all.  BM keeps changing her mind  about SD moving out or SD is lying and is telling DH that BM wants her out. DH knows that SD isn't living with us.  I honestly feel that SD is lying and she is trying to get sympathy and money from DH. 

DH and I went out to eat a couple of weeks ago and SD invited herself.  The restaurant was close to BM's house and DH told SD where we were going. It is a new restaurant in town.  While we were eating,  SD ask DH if this was the first time he had been at the restaurant.  DH told him that we had been once or twice before with me.  SD tells DH that he was suppose to take her to the restaurant first.  They had made plans to visit together when it opened.  I looked at SD like she had 3 heads and I almost blurted out that DH is your DAD not your BOYFRIEND.  She has a boyfriend now,  why wouldn't she want her boyfriend to take her out to eat at the new restaurant?   DH ignored her but I am sure he is apologizing today.  They are going out to a dinner and movie together. I would love to tell DH how sickening his little daughter and father dates are now becoming that she is 20.  It really wouldn't do any good.  He is so afraid that she will NEVER talk to him again.

AlmostGone834's picture

Little Idiot and Goofy are looking at apartments right now. She is going on a spending spree buying all sorts of unnecessary things with all the money she scarfed up at Christmas time. They are thinking they can afford a $1500 apartment together (eyeroll). They made a vague reference to how much it was going to be a month and when we didn't offer up any assistance, Goody said "we will figure it out". Yeah sorry but as you've chosen to be a career bartender, I'm not supporting you. Live within your means. 

Plus Little Idiot lied right to his/our face and said $1500 is the cheapest she could find. Um no. There are way cheaper ones on apartments.com. She just wants a fancier one. Can't wait for them to leave.

If your SD tries to rent an apartment, hopefully she knows there might be utilities on top of that. 

The daddy dates would make me sick. 

Daisymazy2's picture

SD is looking for the fancier places to stay and her credit sucks.  Yes, she has already ruined her credit at the age of 20.

Of course, she hasn't thought of utlities. She will be evicted in 6 months. 

SD SAID she was taking nursing classes and I am sure that isn't happening anymore.  She can't really keep a job more than a few months at a time. 

I think Little Idiot and SD were twins separated at birth.

Kaylee's picture

Ugh ....I remember one time ex and I went on an overseas trip.

Ex SD texted daddy with a picture of a really expensive perfume that she wanted him to get her as a "gift".

I said, that is the sort of present that you would buy for a wife/girlfriend/partner.....NOT your grasping daughter. She's your DAUGHTER, not your significant other!

He didn't buy it, hahahaha.

Stepdrama2020's picture

Just reading this brings back so many memories or more like nightmares.