You are here

Anyone have any expierience with this problem?........

having a smoke on the patio's picture

So found out that all summer (since sd15 left us in May...)BM keeps threatening her that she will be sent back to our house if she doesnt stop smoking and selling dope, stealing, younameitshegotintoit....SD15 finally got arrested and judge wanted to ship her back to our house, sd15 told judge that her father molested her to get out of it. This is all false, BM even got on phone with DH and told him she knows its lies. so we've been dealing with a DCFS investigation. Long story short, BM wont cooperate, DCFS is tired of chasing them around and caught sd15 in multitude of lies and the case is almost closed (hopefully today!)

Anyone have any expierience with this? What happens now? DH doesnt want anything to do with her ever again, she burned final bridge. YET - sd15 keeps texting her father saying "Hey". DCFS told him to ignore it and not to make contact. How can we protect ourselves from her? Can he get rid of his joint custody, can he drop his parental rights? Can he get a restraining order against her? Whats the best action? OR is it NO action.....? I know, get a lawyer. With Christmas coming....it might have to wait. Thoughts?

Willow2010's picture

I would have DH text back the following...
"I am not ready for contact from you after the lies you told about me. I will contact you when/if I feel it is time to talk."

He can not just drop his parental rights. Unless someone else wants to adopt her. If she keeps it up, just change your number.

whatwasithinkin's picture

this:
Can he get rid of his joint custody, can he drop his parental rights? Can he get a restraining order against her? Whats the best action? OR is it NO action.....?

Really? The fact that this child is this messed up is somehow anyone elses fault besides her parents?

You dont get to give her back because she is mentally screwed up, he doesnt just get to forget she is his daughter. Can he be mad? Yes, but he isnt going to have nothing to do with her for the rest of her life this I can assure. So dont get caught up on the smack he is talking right now he is angry.

The best action right now is NONE, when HE is ready he can approach her. But all this other nonsense is just that nonsense. She is a 15 year old little girl with definate issues, personally if I were him I would be working with the school and her BM for some heavy duty medical treatment instead of trying to think of ways to cut her out of my life