You are here

Anyone else excited for the holidays to be over?

georgina29's picture

Skids go back to school!!! No more whiney faces moping around the house. They are exhausting, inconsiderate and rude.  yay!!!!!

Stepmom in Maryland's picture

Can’t wait! I HATE my SS!   He went to TX for a few days and I wish he would stay there!  His Dad went to inspect SS bathroom for a guest coming and, although asked to, he still didn’t clean his bathroom before leaving.   SS poured a glass of milk in the sink and didn’t bother to raise the stopper or rinse it out. Milk had turned to cottage cheese. The bathtub - disgusting!  Toilet - science experiment. Trash in garbage can to ceiling.   This kid is a lazy ass!!!!  His dad called him in Texas and blasted him!  His dad says he has reached his limit, his good Will is gone.   I really hope this is the case.  This kid is RIDICULOUS!!!

TwoOfUs's picture

I wish. 

We're going to DH family Christmas today. I like my in-laws...so it's nice. Just not my cup of tea. Lots of stuff, stuff, stuff...and fewer people who I actually care about and love there. That's why I like my family Christmas better :) 

lorlors's picture

6 week school sunmer holidays here in Australia over Chrisfmas time which only compounds the awfulness of having stepdaughter around who is lazy, annoying and weird.

I mean, who wouldn’t just LOVE having a weird interloper living in their house with terrible hygiene and no social skills?!!! LOL.

Crazymess's picture

I hope SS-22 and SD-20 don't plan on coming over to hang out all day on New Years. They each live on their own but they have no social life.

rozzann's picture

Yes, counted down til Christmas was over.  Now I'm counting down the days until Stepbrat goes back to school from Christmas break and am reminded every morning I wake that it is NOT SOON ENOUGH.

scarpetta's picture

Although my SD's are adults, I dread the holidays or any family gathering where they will be present.  It's really not even because of their presence - it's because of the ridiculous way my husband acts when they're around. I have 2 SD's who live with their mother and go to college and work. They are being productive members of society, so I am grateful that they don't try to leach off of us.  However, whenever the oldest of my SD's is around, my husband acts weird. He purposely tries to sequester himself and her away from everyone so he can have private conversations with her. He's sneakly about it. For example, when we all go to a restaurant together, he looks for opportunities to be alone with her. He pounces on an opportunity when she gets up to go to the restroom and then he suddenly has to go. Then they're walking back together, arm-in-arm. Also, when my back is turned, he's all over her.  When I turn back around he's hugging and kissing on her and playing with her hair. I'm his wife and he doesn't do that with me. It grosses me out completely and I don't want anything to do with him for weeks. I'm supposed to see them this Saturday evening for a birthday dinner at a local restaurant, but I'm dreading it. It will be the same old, same old - he'll be completely enamored with her and enraptured at anything she says, meanwhile treating my other SD and my daughter like second class citizens. Ugh!