You are here

At any time?

AmIWicked's picture

SD has strep (see picking a fight thread) my husband's mom watched her yesterday. We went to go get her and ended up having supper at my inlaws house. We got home to 4 voicemail messages from BM all within 20 minutes:

1. Hi kids. It’s Mom. (Pause) I love you and I miss you. (Pause) I’ll call back in a few minutes.(Pause).(Click)

2. Hi kids. It’s your mom. (Pause) I hope SD’s getting the rest she needs and not out running around. (Pause.) I’ll keep calling.(Pause)(Click)

3. Hi kids. It’s your mom.(Click)

4. Hi kids. It’s your mom. (Pause) I love you and I miss you. I hope you’ll be at home and in bed soon. (Pause) Considering it’s almost eight o’clock.(Pause) Have a good night and have a good day at school tomorrow and I WILL talk to you tomorrow. I love you.(Click)

We got home at 8:20, kids bedtime is 8:30, they heard all 4 messages played out loud and the boy said, "Damn after the second one you'd think she would have gotten that we weren't home." They didn't call her back.

Husband sent another message this morning:
"SD stayed home from school today"

BM sent:

"Thanks for letting me know! Please let her know that her mommy loves her and tried calling her several times last night and will call again today.

I shouldn't be kept from speaking to any of my children at anytime.

Thanks!
BM"

Self entitled much?
Where do these BMs get the impression that our lives revolve around them? That our every thought should be What About BM? By her forth voicemail I was laughing inside. She is scolding us "hope she is getting rest and not out running around"? "hope you guys are in bed soon, considering it's almost 8 o'clock"? We have a hard time getting teenagers their bedROOM by 8:30,...

This phone call thing has been a hot topic for a while and my husband has offered to set up a schedule time and days to make sure to be home. Her response was that he should be home every night in case she calls...Right, we are not going to go anywhere or do anything, put our life on hold because BM MIGHT call,...

(P.S. She just saw the kids Monday)

ncgal1980's picture

My ex used to do that with my nine-year-old. He'd go for weeks and not call a single time, then he'd call every single night for days on end, and keep him on the phone for an hour or more. If we weren't home, he'd leave 10-15 voicemails similar to what your BM left. Trying to make it sound like we were deliberately keeping DS from taking his stupid phone calls.

Then we'd go several weeks without a single call. Then the call-a-thon would start all over again. His pattern was just so random.

I don't get it.

ncgal1980's picture

That's what my ex did. Once he figured out when we're normally eating dinner, that's when he mainly started calling, when he bothered to call at all. He'd go for weeks and not call DS9 a single time, then call repeatedly for days on end, and it'd usually end with DS9 in tears. The ex would call and bawl him out for some trivial thing, and by the time DS9 got off the phone, he was sobbing.

(This is the man who whipped DS9 with a belt and messed his leg up so bad that CPS has brought him up on charges...criminal case pending.)

My son hated talking to him because they rarely just chatted. The ex would usually call just to bitch him out about something.

It's all about control in my opinion, when they start calling over and over again every few minutes. One message is sufficient. Multiple messages are a sign of something else. If nothing else, they're trying to control your life, to the extent that they can.

My ex used to call up DS9, then ask DS9 to put me back on the phone, and then he'd try to bark orders at ME about the way things were done in my house, on my time. I'd just tell him to fuck off, then hang up. Asshole.

furkidsforme's picture

BM needs to be told, in writing, that ONE message will suffice. And that she has no opinion in what DH does on his own parenting time.

QueenBeau's picture

BM does/did this to SD. Since I disengaged from SD DH tells SD to go to her bedroom to take the calls because he told her it is rude to be talking on the phone when others in the room are having a conversation or watching TV etc.

so I'm not sure if she still does. She use to just do this whole "I miss you sooooooooo much I miss you so much. I have a huge surprise when you get home" -rolls eyes- SD is on EOWE visits. You saw her YESTERDAY. Get a grip.

askYOURdad's picture

Ours too, along with:

-What did you have for dinner?
-What did you have for homework?
-did you take a shower?
-did you poop (not joking)

constant interference and letting the kids know "she's in charge" even at dad's.

askYOURdad's picture

Did your BM attend the same PITA conference as mine last year??? This sounds EXACTLY like something BM would do!

She actually told DH that the kids should not be "visiting" with anyone on school nights in the same situation, dinner at in-laws and home in time for bedtime routine. In the meantime, she has every random neighbor and relative babysitting on her nights so she can bar hop! jack-asses!

B22S22's picture

Our BM would call constantly when the SK's were here (they'd come Saturday afternoon and leave Sunday afternoon -- so they never went 12 hours without seeing or speaking to her).

One time my DH took SK's to the store and didn't take his cell phone. BM called our home phone and I answered (back in the day when I'd actually do that...now I just walk on by).

Me: Hello?
BM: *sigh* Put my sons' father on the phone.
Me:*snicker* He's not here right now, I'll have him call you when he gets back.
BM: *click*

Then DH's cell phone rang
Me: Hello... he left his cell phone here at home but thanks for checking, and as I said, I'll have him call you when he returns.
BM *sigh* *click*

And then apparently, she called DH's ONSTAR (freaking waste of minutes.... I told him he really didn't need to give her that number).

What was the emergency, you ask? She just wanted to say hello to her kids even though she had just dropped them off 2 hours prior.

AmIWicked's picture

BM used to hang up on me when I would answer the phone. Then claim I was hanging up on her and keeping her from talking to her kids. That is exactly why I got an answering machine! Now her crazy is documented on a daily basis. These 4 voicemails in one twenty minute period is just another daily happening. And thus, the reason why OFW was court ordered.

QueenBeau's picture

BM use to call 100x a day if DH didnt' answer.
she wanted to talk to SD in the morning before daycare, after she got home from daycare at 4:30ish, around 6, & then at bedtime.

When I disengaged I blocked her from calling & texting me. She called DH 20x one day & threatened to call his lawyer because he wasn't answering. Truth is, he wasn't home - he was at work - & told BM that.

Now she gets to talk to SD at bedtime. Sometimes if she calls & DH doesn't answer (even if it's just on an EOWE visit) she will call over & over & over again. Like 17 times. DH ignores.

BM doesn't leave voicemails because she knows DH doesn't listen to them.

autismmommy's picture

OMG we had this issue. We stated so since your electuing to call this often I am sure that i can do the same on your time right. Smile