You are here

And now we have more evidence that BM is withholding forms and insurance info

SAHsigh's picture

I tell you, BM drives me nuts. She wants to move the kids 3 hours away and change my partner's custody from 50/50 with twin SS/SD5 to something more like 70/30. The two posts below fill in the details on her "substantial financial benefits" that this move will give her (and the kids), but we've yet to hear back from the courts to when the hearing will be scheduled. I hate waiting, the anticipation is eating at me and my partner.

http://www.steptalk.org/node/167299
http://www.steptalk.org/node/169519

We're really involved in the kids' schooling (both of us) and try, as best as possible, to keep BM informed on everything that comes home from school when it's our nights to pick them up. We scan every notification, calender, newsletter, form, etc and email it to BM. With only a few exceptions (and I mean only twice), the same courtesy isn't returned.

Now comes parent teacher conferences. We got a form from SD's teacher providing 3 time slots spanning two separate days for conference options. The form was scanned and sent to BM the same night along with questions about which to pick. Our calender shows that BM won't be available for the first day (which has two time slots), but the kids are scheduled for a dentist exam in the middle of the slot available on the next day and my partner will have to be at work then. I suggested to my partner that we a) request separate conferences to accommodate the differences in our and BM's schedule and b) I offer to take twins to their dentist appointment so BM could be there without any complications. Besides, both days in question are scheduled for my partner and I to have the kids here.

Well, three separate inquiries later and we find out that SS's teacher sent the same form home on her night and she went ahead and signed us ALL up for the same time slot that kids need to be at the dentist and when my partner isn't available. Moreover, she did all of this without telling my partner!

Last week we found out that she switched the kids from her insurance to her husbands and never told us. We found that out the hard way when we had to take SS to the doctor for an ear infection. The CO states that she has to share ALL of that info (including updated insurance cards) as soon as they become available. So while we're trying to figure out what to do, she takes pictures of the current cards and we find out that she did that back in JULY!

I really hope that junk like thus works in our favor because when it comes to co-parenting between my partner and BM, she really falls flat. I hope some of you have dealt with something like this before because I can't find our situation in my research and we're worried that the only thing the court will look at is money. (We make enough to cover all expenses without any trouble -- BM makes considerably more, though.)