You are here

Am I overreacting?

Thursdaysarethebestdays's picture

DH is CP for SS6 and SS8 so we have them ALOT. But as much as I appreciate the peace and quiet when they are gone, I hate it when they go to BM for her weekends (Thursday through Monday morning), for the simple fact that BM can't be bothered to take care of her kids adequately.

When skids come back from BM we become the doctor/pharmacy because skids are guaranteed to have one or more of the following:
-they have early stages of ringworm
-they haven't put on lotion in at least 2 days
-they have runny noses
-their scalps are dry and peeling
-they have dog hair all over them
-they have scratches or bruises from one or more of the 4 cats and dogs BM has
-one or both skids has an injury caused while unattended at BM house (latest example is a finger that got smashed in a window because SS6 wanted to have it open but SS8 wanted it closed.)

Despite how annoying it is to have to play nurse each time skids return home I could probably ignore it if skids didn't come home and "lay it on" with whining, tears and stuff like "this hurts", "I'm sick", "this itches", etc. And they don't do it to DH, they come straight to me!! I'm not your BM kid!!!!

Maverickdette's picture

SS go to you because they trust you:) Talk to DH and hope he is supportive of your opinion and owns up to HIS responsibility. You are a saint and its natural for you to resent the excessive care.

Thursdaysarethebestdays's picture

You're right, they do trust me. I think it just bugs me that they can't take their "stuff" to BM (DH has asked them if they mention their ills to BM and they say BM either does nothing or they didn't say anything because BM didn't do anything last time). So they come to me or DH.

And yet BM insists on sending messages (delivered by skids) like "SM, you are not mom". As if I don't have an almost daily reminder that I'm not BM. Sad

Thanks for your words of encouragement!!