You are here

Am I being unfair - Coronavirus

Katie2508's picture

I will make this as to the point as possible. I have a 9 week old son, and my partner has two kids from a precious relationship. She is not self isolating correctly, and I had said that I am not happy for the kids to be here if that is the case. Would you still have the kids over? What are people doing as a rule during this time if there even is one. Would love to chat to somebody in the same position..

ITB2012's picture

Most of the posts these days are about the bioparent not wanting to give up visitation, the bioparent with the kids not wanting to send them, or the other end where the bioparent with the kids is not following the pandemic rules but still wants to send the kids (usually to get a break and not for work reasons). And typical complaints regardless of what's going on in the world are that skids are not made to be clean, careful, thoughtful individuals (you know, cause that would require the potential of them being unhappy).

I would agree that your nine week old needs more isolation. 

Hell, I have a nineteen year old home from school and if he wants to be here or at XHs he has to do it in three week stints to be sure we haven't passed stuff. But the skids (also about the same age) are not allowed to come. DH admitted they aren't clean and they weren't following the rules, we can't be sure they are now, so they can't come. 

Thefatherismyfamily's picture

I  refuse to expose myself and DD to skids because we don't know if BM is isolating correctly and they are still following their custody agreement. I'm staying somewhere else until this is all over. 

Missingme's picture

This is a hard one.  I would definitely not want my baby to be around others who haven't been being protected.  What is your husband's stance?  

Annoyed1's picture

There is no way I would allow anyone outside of our home, around my 6 month old. End of story. It is my job to protect her and I will at all costs.

Rags's picture

Sure, I would have the kids over.  Then they would not leave until the crisis abates.  If they left... they would not be returning intil the crisis has passed. No back and forth.  Quarantined is quarantined and does not mean visitation with an NCP or returning to the CP is they are locked in while on visitation.

IMHO of course.

If I were  you.... the Skids would not be coming to my home with a new baby in it.  Nope. I would not tolerate that risk to the health of my new baby.  Not happenin.  I would leverage the viral crisis to have dedicated time with my new one and not have Skids around to infect that opportunity by acting as little mobile virus incubators.