You are here

ahhh the NERVE

leftfield's picture

remember my "friend" from work who I used to be envious of. She had such a great relationship with her man's BM and she was OK with BM and BD's lack-of-boundaries together because it's FOR THE KID.

Well, she is starting to backpaddle!! Friend left the 2 kids an early Xmas gift in front of the door at their daddy's house (her boyfriend's house). The early XMas gift had a note attached from an "elf" who made the early delivery from the North Pole because Santa said the kids have been extra good this year. In the note, the elf's name was "Snickle Fickle Fart". hahhaha. The kids thought it was hilarious and believed it to be true. Her Boyfriend and BM thought it was inappropriate to name an Elf that name and they got mad at her. Oh COME ON!!! Her boyfriend apparently knew she was going to do the delivery/note thing, but he didn't think she was going to have such an inappropriate name for an ELF. GIVE HER A BREAK!!! And now, she is allll upset. And here the girl tried doing a fun deed for kids that aren't even hers!!!

WHAT is WRONG with these damn parents this day n age.

Disneyfan's picture

Cute idea but awful name.

Most parents (bio and step) hate bathroom humor.

lifeisshort's picture

I think it's an hilarious name! Way to poop all over someone's attempt to bring joy (snicker).
And I disagree that "most" parents hate bathroom humor. Don't be so constipated (hee hee).
People gotta lighten up! Smile

leftfield's picture

I thought the name was hilarious, too!! Life is too short to get upset over something so small. She made an awesome memory for the kids....one that they will likely remember as the years pass. Good on her.

Disneyfan's picture

I hate it as well. Of course DF and his girls get a kick out of their jokes.`

I think it's crazy for adults to encourage it.

branmuffin97's picture

We are a bathroom humor family here. My 15yo dd and her bff call each other poop buddies..because they phone each other when they are making #2 and bored on the potty. They sat around with some teen boys one day and rated fast food restaurants according to how soon you needed bathroom time after eating them.

Of course, I think we have limits. Not at the dinner table..not excessive..no details...but if someone says fart or poop...imo, meh....it's like saying cough or sneeze..it's a normal bodily function. You can be lax about "bathroom humor" but still teach them about tact.

BM surely has the right to ban the word "fart" in her house....but she's probably going to piss on her kids fun parade in regards to the elf..and look slightly ridiculous when a silly toy elf can't be named Farty whatever for a few days a year. This seems like a "pick your battles" sort of issue.

I do think SM/bd's SO has learned a GOOD lesson. Bm's house, Bm's rules so be a little more careful about stuff you send to her house.

branmuffin97's picture

We are a bathroom humor family here. My 15yo dd and her bff call each other poop buddies..because they phone each other when they are making #2 and bored on the potty. They sat around with some teen boys one day and rated fast food restaurants according to how soon you needed bathroom time after eating them.

Of course, I think we have limits. Not at the dinner table..not excessive..no details...but if someone says fart or poop...imo, meh....it's like saying cough or sneeze..it's a normal bodily function. You can be lax about "bathroom humor" but still teach them about tact.

BM surely has the right to ban the word "fart" in her house....but she's probably going to piss on her kids fun parade in regards to the elf..and look slightly ridiculous when a silly toy elf can't be named Farty whatever for a few days a year. This seems like a "pick your battles" sort of issue.

I do think SM/bd's SO has learned a GOOD lesson. Bm's house, Bm's rules so be a little more careful about stuff you send to her house.

midnyt's picture

I think its pretty funny, have to admit having 2 bs's there is a bit of potty humour that goes on, and the idea was fantastic and good on her for showing the SK's that good behaviour gets rewarded, coz Santa is watching even if no one else is.

Shame on the bio's for ruining her fun and quite possibly the kids fun as well!