You are here

Age kids voice changes

JuneS1972's picture

SS has the most Annoying high pitched Squealing voice. I can't wait for Puberty to hit and his voice gets Deeper. 

Next Typically what age do kids start dating? Nothing to Serious but maybe just hang out with each other going to the mall or playing video games with each other? SS NEVER leaves the house or has friends over and driving me nuts! I Seriously need to know how many more months/years I have to deal with a Whiny clingy kid no

Rags's picture

For the voice change... at puberty. 

As for dating.... my SS started socializing significantly the last few weeks of 8th grade. Prior to that he was socially inept and often the target of bullies and consistent social rejection because he was a major cry baby.  The kids neighborhood kids he grew up with shunned him because they had zero tolerance for his cry baby crap.  I felt for SS, but I completely understood the perspective of the neighborhood kids.  "OMG, is he crying again!!!!" was a regular expostulation when SS was out playing with the other kids in the neighborhood.  

We moved across the country after SS finished 7th grade.  He was very socially reserved for the 8th grade school year until three young women who were his class mates drafted him for their talent show team the last few weeks of the school year..  At that point he blossomed and had a very active social life for 9th and 10th grade.  He went to Military boarding school for 11th grade and half of 12th.  When we brought him home at winter breat of his Sr. year and enrolled him in our local HS he immediately engaged socially though he knew no one.  We moved just after dropping him off for Military school and no longer lived in his former school district.  He attended prom at his new HS and at his first HS when he was invited as the date for one of the group of kids he was close with during his first two years of HS.

Change can be slow, but invariably is does happen. Hopefully in a way that improves the overall situation for you.