You are here

On again, off again.

stepmom008's picture

I'm curious to talk with people who have a similar custody situation as mine. We have SD9 every other week with one dinner night w/ the other parent each week. How long can that possibly last? I'm guessing a year or two... can't imagine it would go all the way through high school. I'm scared to death that she's going to want to live with BM because she's her "best friend" but doesn't bother to be a mother. Although I have to admit, it might be okay with me on one hand b/c then I'd have BF to myself but on the other hand, I know how much damage it would do to SD. Does anyone have advice or information from their situation on this?

stepmom008's picture

I know. It's going to be HORRIBLE. Plus SD is such a people pleaser that I worry that she'll continue with it even if it kills her just to keep her parents happy. I sure as hell don't want her with BM full time but I don't want her completely stressed out either. Plus if BM gets her, I know the "child support" can of worms will rear its ugly head. Can an agreement be changed once it's been signed? Currently he doesn't have to pay her squat b/c they share her 50/50 - he only gives her money b/c he's a good guy plus it shuts her up for awhile.

stepmom008's picture

Same here with the pedestal. I'm actually embarassed for SD that she has to walk around w/ BM and the loser BF. They dress like they're teenagers and don't wear too many clothes at that. Someday she'll realize that her mother's trash and that she cheated on her father. Once she figures the timing of everything out and how quickly BM had the BF move in, I have no doubt that she'll have a meltdown about it.

I actually called my BF's attorney the other day b/c we can't find the signed finalized copy of the agreement. They're going to get us a copy so we know exactly what we're dealing with. We have the unsigned one, I'd just feel better having the one that was filed. The agreement doesn't say anything about modifications and I know when everything was finalized, the judge told BM specifically that she can't change her mind once it's done. But, if it becomes a situation where SD is with her full time, can she go back and sue him for child support? She always sqwaks about it anyway b/c her spending's out of control and she can't spend her BF's money fast enough so in her mind my BF has to pick up her slack. She told him she wanted to be paid for SD's $400 (!!!) worth of school clothes per the divorce agreement. Well, I don't know what the hell she's looking at b/c it says NOTHING about him having to pay her but it DOES say that she's supposed to pay for part of daycare, which she's never done. I just don't think she's too smart to bring the agreement up b/c if it goes to court, she'll probably get hosed. And I will LAUGH!!!

FallingfromGrace's picture

my skids have been on a 50/50 custody schedule...Friday to Friday and dinner on Tuesday nights for over five yrs. They are 10 and 12 yrs old now...

"God grant me the serenity accept the things I cannot change; the strength to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference."