You are here

After everything wants to be friends

ba8yp1nk's picture

So hubby dropped Sdaughter off at her mothers and was stopped by her to talk to him. She told him she wanted to talk to me and him with her boyfriend and herself all together because she wanted to make things better for the sake of the child. Im not buying it one bit. This is after ee had to call the cops on the bf for treathening my hubby. I am willing to forget if its sensear but I dnt know.

Orange County Ca's picture

Take every opportunity you can to make peace with the BM. She controls too much to be on the wrong side and her stated reason can't get any better.

There is no reason to assume that she has not simply seen how its all effecting the girl and wants it to end. A rare occurence here don't let it slip by.

There are others here who will tell you to reject this - in fact start WWIII if possible. Don't let their bitter history effect your future.

Frankly I can't see any motivation in her doing this unless she thinks honey will get more child support or other money as opposed to vinegar. But time will tell that out and it can be handled when appropriate.

ba8yp1nk's picture

She has done it before. Trying to make "peace" she calls it. Then when she ask for a day that we have her and we say no cause only have her soo much time she goes back on her wanting to make peace and goes to her old ways.

But you are right we must take any opportunity and pray she will keep her word.

By the way I think she is doing it now because we are suppost to have her for Christmas and im pretty sure shes gonna ask for her to have her.

Ever Dreaming's picture

This really is a tough one. I know what you mean about back and forth BM syndrome. ours will apologize and cry for peace when not two seconds earlier she was screaming at us through our front door in front of her child. She has the worst victim mentality I have ever seen. I'm not sure if it will work for you, but after trying to fix everything and make everyone happy I just decided to tune out. I don't get angry with her, I don't argue with her nor do I get happy or engage her in conversation when she attempts it. The best advice I ever had was "Just act like you're high when she's around. Like you're just not there." Does it sound ridiculous? Oh yes, but it worked and it confuses her.
Let the crazy harpy play her games, get together and try to talk about peace what could it hurt? Maybe feeling she "won" will make her back off a bit. Then you and DH can laugh when she is gone.
You should make sure it's a public place though, maybe pick a funny venue like a bowling alley so that you're easily distracted by the noise? lol Just make it to where she can't logically blame you for anything because you're so neutral. This frustrated our BM so much that she resulted to calling me a lazy ass and other elementary remarks lol That only made things more entertaining when we were ignoring her.

ba8yp1nk's picture

Jaja this sounds kinda funny to do..but probably would work lets see what happens..ill update if we meet up

emotionaly beat up's picture

Well why not have the meeting. You and DH go on the same page and fully prepared. Have boundaries to this friendship and be upfront. Tell them both your concerns. Let them know you have been down this road before and you feel it always ends badly, especially when they want extra days that you guys don't want to give up because you want time with Sd too. Maybe you can clear the air, set up some healthy boundaries from which Sd will benefit immensely. If Sd is happy her parents will be happy and that in turn will make their partners happy. But do think it through and both you and DH be united and clear. One last chance for peace wouldn't hurt. It would be better than years of hatred, from which Sd will suffer, and she naturally will act out and everyone suffers.