You are here

Advice needed!

young_stepmomma25's picture

Where do I begin?
Okay, well, my fiance just bought me a brand spanking new Ipod to replace one that was mysteriously "lost". I awoke to this Ipod gone as well and it feels like Deja vu all over again. I suspect that his 15yr old criminal of a son took it and sold it but again, we have no proof. I'm sick of going through this. I'm contemplating on moving out but I don't want to hurt my fiance. I know for a fact his son took it because he has been known to steal things. He tried to steal the family's laptop last year and 2 Nooks have disappeared out the house as well. I wish I could know for sure he was the one who stole it, like solid proof. What's even worse is the fact that I refuse to live in a household with a thief my fiance spawned. I am so hurt behind all of this, I'm clueless on what my next move shoud be.So far, my fiance can't do nothing as of yet because he's at work (this occurred an hour before he left for work). How could I handle this???

Sparklelady's picture

Invest in security cameras. If you want to stay with him, put security cameras up all over the house. And tell the crappy little kid all about them - that his every move is being watched. It is surprisingly inexpensive to do this! What you spent on replacing the electronics that have been stolen, would cover the cost of the new system being installed LOL

Of course, if you want the kid to be found out so that the kid will never be there in your house again, don't tell him that the place is wired. Your choice!

tired and stressed's picture

I have cameras. They are inexpensive to buy, just google DIY security cameras. I have Logitech, regular and night vision. They are a little expensive, but I have had them for several years and love them. No matter what camera you decide to go with, get their plan so you can go back and watch the video. You do not need sound so cheaper.
I would use whatever you find as proof and give to the police. He needs out of your home.

tired and stressed's picture

There is also a service that uses your web cam on your computer, however you have to have camera pointed at whatever you want to monitor.

luchay's picture

Apparently you can also install an app on smartphones to use them as security cameras too.

Haven't done this as I don't have a spare phone but we (I) am in the process of setting up hidden cameras to stop my thieving sd13.

So I know exactly how you feel.

Hugs to you, feels horrible knowing someone is going through your stuff, invading your space and your privacy.