You are here

About to quit! Am I overreacting part 1

My4kidsmom's picture

I have tried to post this about 5 times now and it says it posts then doesn't!! Argggg
I'll try to post in 2 separate posts in case it's too long.

My marriage is falling apart again, or still. Not sure it been together for quite a while now.

Backstory-I have 4 kids. DS's 24, 21, and 19. The. 21 yo lives with us while attending college. The others live independently. My DD18 is completely disabled. I adopted her at 2yo and she is my biological niece. She is a victim of shaken baby syndrome at 12weeks old and suffered a stroke and massive brain damage as a result of the abuse. She only has limited use of her right hand, cannot stand, walk, sit up, or even roll over on her own. She is tube fed and visually impaired. Her mental age is about 5/6 maybe. She is beautiful, funny, and a far better human being than anyone else I know!!
I have 3 skids. SS23 who lives out of state, SD18, who is at college in another state and no longer welcome in my life or home, and SS16 who is still home.

Some of you may remember that last year my SD18 asked for the paid job of watching my DD18 while I went to the hospital for an emergency and then proceeded to take our truck and sneak out to go swimming, just leaving my DD there. My SS then 15 lied to cover it up to protect his sister. I found out through another party and the shit hit the fan. The fallout was that my not-so DH refused to punish her, defended her abhorrent behavior and I left him and moved out of state. I cannot care for my DD alone because she is too heavy and I have multiple sclerosis. Long story shorter, she went into a care home until my ex moved out here and moved her in with him. So basically as a result of my SD actions and SS lies about it, my DD18 lost her home. I'll never forgive any of them for that but my not-so DH did reconcile last May after he agreed that SD was out of my life.

Please see part 2 before you respond.

My4kidsmom's picture

Sorry, just trying to keep this up so people can read part 1 and see the whole situation. Frustrated that I spent so long typing this whole thing and now it's all fragmented because the site wouldn't let me post it all together.

AllySkoo's picture

I read that as her DD went into a home when she left DH (not just because she went to the hospital), because she can't physically care for her DD on her own.

AllySkoo's picture

Hmm, I see your point about it not being SD's fault. I suppose it wasn't, at least not directly, since the OP made the decision to leave knowing that she'd have to put DD in a home. Still, I don't think the issue was ever about hiring someone to replace SD as the caregiver - sounds like the period of time the OP needed that sort of help was finite (she was in the hospital herself) and over by the time they found out SD was such a f**k up. And since her DH allowed his kids to get away with such unbelievable behavior, she felt she had to leave (totally understandable). So I agree with you that her DH was just as much at "fault" for her having to leave.

Regardless of who was at fault for what at that time though, I think NOW I'd have a tough time staying, if I were in her shoes. Her DH and his kids seem to lack any sort of human decency, and I just don't think I could live with that. Although staying long enough to make them cry and beg forgiveness would sound appealing.... Wink