You are here

4 beers missing but no consequence??

SaraJean's picture

So this past weekend DH, our 2 sons, and myself were out of town for a hockey trip. It was also Christmas Formal weekend for SD16. SD has been staying at her BM's all Christmas vacation and was staying the weekend there while we were out of town.

We get home last night and to our suprise, the living room was cleaner than how we left it AND there were 4 beers missing out of the 12 pack that I opened and only had 1 beer out of and DH didn't have any. So DH calls SD and asks if she was at our house while we were gone. She said her and one of her friends went there, but only long enough for her to shower and get ready. She said she straightened up the living room (this girl NEVER lifts a finger to clean our house) and of course she has NOOOOOOO idea on what happened to the missing beer. DH says....hmmmmmm, well okay, but if I find out otherwise, blah, blah, blah.

So there's me....disengaged for the last 3 months...utterly disgusted. Yes, I am disengaged, but I can't help but to feel absolutley LIVID!!! I asked DH what he's going to do about this and he says "Nothing". NOTHING, I asked?? He says there isn't any proof that she did it. Well, ummmm....hello??? The missing beer IS the proof dumbass!!

All I could do at that point is to nicely say to our 14 yr old son...'If this ever happens and you were the only person in the house for the entire weekend, you will be held accountable.'

FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!

princessmofo's picture

^^^^^^Agreed^^^^^^^ She does not need keys to YOUR house. And your DH needs to grow a pair. I hope beer was the only thing missing.

Orange County Ca's picture

You can be livid and disengaged. You just don't let steps know you're livid unless its something personal missing such as your cash or perfume.

She lost the trust to carry house keys. What if she gives the key to her boyfriend who just happens to make a copy to give to his hoodlum friend who surprises you two when he thought you would be gone and decides he can't leave witnesses?

It's pretty far out - but its happened and right on the street where my kids used to live.