You are here

Oops! It looks like the page you were looking for no longer exists. Sorry about that. However, maybe one of these will satisfy your curiosity?

Search results

Imo, disengaging spells the end

Disengaging Let's face it, our spouses love their children/spawn regardless of whatever they do.  Disengaging from their kids is a rejection of who they love.  While it sounds big and brave to disengage and is mentally healthy for some to do so, in t ...

Missingme - 11/07/2019 - 1:24am - 49 comments

How would you respond to this?

General Discussion For anyone who read my previous post, this is kind of piggybacking off of that. I brought up the situation w/my wife and mom last night...but I brought it up jokingly and lightheartedly. My wife responded in kind and said that everythin ...

Seeker6417 - 08/03/2018 - 8:14am - 29 comments

Buckle up...

:O I have been married to my husband for 6 months now. We were friends before we started dating and dated 6 months before we got married. My husband was married before and has 3 kids. His ExW HHHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTTEEEEEESSSSSS me. She blames me for their div ...

over the games - 03/23/2014 - 12:32am - 48 comments

O/T- Handouts

I am 28 years old and my DH is 30 so I am not sure if this is true for the generations before us or if this is a new trend that has begun with our generation, but it seems very popular, even "trendy" to expect or want handouts. Both my husband&# ...

NotYourAverageS... - 10/10/2022 - 3:31pm - 30 comments

Partner calling the mother of his chid “mommy”

Blended Family Issues Greetings! It’s my first time being an adult in a blended family (I lived in one as a child) and I’ve come across some hardships. That might sound like not a big deal at all, but I’ve found that this matter greatly disturbs me. When ...

RachelScwim - 01/29/2019 - 10:07am - 66 comments

Son being bullied due to SD

I have been a SM for 6 years and am having a problem with my SD who is 15. SD has quite simply never taken to me or my 2 bios. Her brother likes me, my bios and my and my DHs baby together, but SD has virtually ignored us (including my and DHs baby boy, h ...

RedRedVines - 11/28/2015 - 11:53am - 97 comments

SD's $288,000 College Tuition

SD15 got her PSAT scores back. 99th percentile. DH is all smiles and of course it has been the main topic of conversation everywhere we go. But at the celebratory dinner on Monday DH and SD were discussing college visits and she said with this big smile o ...

RedRedVines - 01/27/2016 - 2:29pm - 103 comments

I made dh and his kids leave, now what?

Please excuse my typos as i am typing from my phone. I guess I'll start from the beginning. Dh and I met after his divorce. I was not the other woman in anyway but dh still went over and did family activities and holidays with them. I put my foot dow ...

Lordyme - 01/22/2018 - 11:32am - 57 comments

OT / my son developed an as$hole attitude overnight...

My son (15) is generally a good kid. Like most teenagers, he has his moments of laziness, but I'm usually on his butt about doing the things he needs to do... and he usually does them with minimal eye rolling etc. A few months ago, he broke my laptop ...

secret - 11/22/2017 - 10:06am - 45 comments

Decades of misery

Adult Stepchildren hello everybody, this is my first time here and I would really appreciate some advice. I will try to be brief with a problem that for me has spanned two decades! My DH has two 'adult' children, both in their thirties, half bro ...

Peri - 04/27/2011 - 5:59pm - 24 comments

Pages