OT - Thirsty Thursday
Happy Thursday, STalkers! We're one day closer to the weekend and I've been thinking about lemonade all week. We're going fishing this weekend. Well, DH is fishing. I'll have my nose stuck in a book.
Anyhoo, we're pic-a-nicking and that's why I've been in lemonade mode. Here are 3 recipes I'm considering.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- To make the blueberry simple syrup, combine sugar and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Stir in blueberries and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until blueberries have broken down, about 3-4 minutes.
- Strain blueberry mixture through a cheesecloth or fine sieve; let cool.
- In a large pitcher, whisk together blueberry simple syrup, lemon juice and 5 cups water. Place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Serve over ice and blueberries, if desired.
- 4 cups water, divided
- 2 medium peaches, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- Mint sprigs, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water, peaches and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until peaches are tender. Remove from the heat. Cool. Strain, discarding peach skins.
- In a large pitcher, combine the peach mixture, lemon juice and remaining water. Add lemon slices and mint if desired. Serve over ice.
- 8 large strawberries, halved
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar, divided
- 7 cups water, divided
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Place strawberries in a blender; top with 2 tablespoons sugar. Pour 1 cup water over sugared strawberries. Blend until strawberry chunks transform into juice.
- Combine strawberry juice, 6 cups water, 1 cup sugar, and lemon juice in a large pitcher; stir until blended. Chill before serving.
Thoughts? Do you have a lemonade or tea or some other refreshing drink recipe you'd like to share? Pssssst... for those who like spiked lemonade, I think all of those recipes could be spiked with any numbers of liquors: vodka, rum, gin, bourbon...