More red flags than a bullfighting festival
I met an acquaintance/friend for lunch the other day. Long story short, she was married to a real loser, she's recovering slowly, and she has 2 young girls. She is a well-educated professional.
She is dating someone. As she was telling me about him, I became more and more horrified. Here we go:
1. He is 10 years older than she is (no big deal).
2. He has adult kids who are about 10 years younger than she is (uh oh).
3. Bio mom is not in the picture and his second wife (SM) raised them. She left him and they completed the divorce this summer (bigger uh oh)
4. Each SD is an addict in different stages of recovery. (Danger Will Robinson!)
5. Both SDs have lost custody of previous kids and they both just had another baby. (Houston, we have a problem)
6. And the kicker....this guy has custody of one SD's 4 year old and depends on ex wife(previous SM who just left) to help care for her (we've reached DEFCON 1!)
I finally looked at her and said "Girl you just got out of a bad situation. You have two young children that do not need to be around this crap. Being a SM on a good day sucks and you are signing up for a life of misery if you decide to get serious with this guy" as well as some other things. She didn't look happy but damn, no way could I tell her that sounded like a good plan.
I hope she listened. It's the kind of story I would doubt if I saw it posted.