When would you tell SD?
We are currently under contract for a house! Our close date is February 10, but we aren't moving out of our apartment until the last weekend in February, going to be doing painting, etc. plus we are away for a 5 day trip between closing and moving. We are not planning on sending the 30 day notice of moving in the mail to BM until the day we get the house keys for the new home. Would you also wait to tell SD about the new house until the letter is going in the mail? Techincally we should be sending the letter the end of this month since that would be 30 days until we move, but since SD won't be visiting us until the end of March, is it really a big deal?
In past moves, we sent the letter before the 30 days, but we also weren't purchasing a home then. BM notified us ahead she would be moving and what area, but SD primarily lives with her and it was an out of state move. Would be nice to keep some bit of privacy before we have to, but are also excited to tell SD. A bit worried there might be some drama from BM once she finds out. I don't know if there will be, but the home we are purchasing is larger and more expensive than BM's. However, the cost of living here is much higher than where she is and we work hard for what we have.