The aftermath from the restaurant..
On Sunday we were still reeling from the restaurant. SO was very subdued and quiet. I was still steaming but stayed calm – just trying to absorb everything that happened. I also realised I’d lost my phone. I had it with me at the restaurant and had used it to take a few photos of the floral arrangements at the restaurant. I discovered it missing when we returned home. Rang the restaurant but they didn’t have it. I haven’t seen it since – so not sure what the hell happened to it.
SO decided he would have a talk with the twins. That went down well – not.
They told him the reason they acted that way was because:
- I haven’t been talking to them the same way since SO and I got together
- He wasn’t treating them the same way
- They never saw him anymore – didn’t he even care?
- The dogs missed him
- they hated the way he acted now
- We displayed too much PDA in the restaurant
- When they were in my apartment, apparently, I tried to hug Bossy, who cannot stand to be touched, and I was too pushy - (fact: I never even approached her – she is colder than a witches tit, and I’d rather hug a polar bear than touch her).
- They believed that I owed them an apology – 1) due to me trying to hug Bossy, and 2) for being too familiar with them about their Dad (I had told them that he was a perfect fit for me, and they took this to mean that he was my sex-God).
They then demanded that he either split his time equally between them and I – or dedicate at least 2 days a week with just them. SO actually thought this may be a good idea and suggested it to me. I had instant flash-backs of how this went horribly in my last relationship however, THAT was due to a teenager. These were two 35 year old – grown ass women. WTF? I told him I would NOT be manipulated or dictated to on how my relationship with him would progress. If he entertained this idea, then we would be having problems. I didn’t need to be Nostradamus to see how that would turn out.
A few days later, he was going to come and join me for dinner at my apartment. I get a phone call round 5.30pm from him saying he’s going to be having dinner with the twins, as Bossy had taken a meal over, cooked for them by BM. That made me feel as uncomfortable as fuck. So, BM still cooked for them? Good grief.
I told him to enjoy it and to stay there for the night – no need to come over if he wasn’t having dinner with me. I hung up and just felt – weird. The whole thing just made me uncomfortable. He tried calling back but I ignored it and went downstairs to the restaurant to have dinner. Later, I went to bed.
The next day, he called me and asked me why I didn’t answer the phone. I told him straight up that I was just uncomfortable with the whole situation and wanted to take time out to think about things. He then told me that he’d been calling me from his car and was downstairs of my apartment. He could’ve rung the damn intercom – but he didn’t think of that (was too stressed out).
We talked and he ended up coming over the next day with the promise that he wouldn’t be doing that again – no dinners from BM and no more trying to schedule in time with the twins. He realised that by giving them what they wanted, was not a good start to our relationship and became determined to support us from then on. He also realised that he needed to start letting go too and let them start to find their own way towards being independent.
Next attempt by twins.. when we went away for a weekend..