So as of this moment I do not have any updates on the genetic testing or any of this. The trial date for the temporary custody hearing is on October 15. So there are weeks that it can still be done. I did like someone's suggestion I believe it was on my last post about if my bf can go ahead and get the testing done, then ask for reimbursement. I am going to wait till the end of September to mention it to my bf however, give it a bit more time to see if BM is going to make the move or if she is really waiting till the very last second.
So things got intense this last week with BM blowing up my boyfriend's phone with threats, lies, and games. Since the judge put the motion in for the genetic testing on August 23, we have been sitting here twiddling our thumbs waiting to see if and when BM was going to do the testing. My bf asked his lawyer if there was a deadline she had to do it by, which basically BM has until the pendente lite hearing in October (I believe it is the 8th?) or she could not do it then try and get an extension by the judge.
I am posting a lot today, so apologies on that front. My bf just called me to tell me that he picked up the children from BM, the younger child has a bruise on her cheek/under her eye. BM said it was from the older child hitting her. Part of me is like okay let's call CPS after the drama with CPS from BM. The other part of me is like, let's not stir the pot more, the older child has gotten in trouble many times for hitting/biting, etc. her sister so it is highly plausible that BM's story is accurate.
Just giving an update to the custody battle and divorce my bf is currently going through, plus just what is going on with us. So far my bf has not been notified when and where he has to do the genetic testing. My bf asked his lawyer if BM could end up basically canceling this from happening, he said she could, but it is not an easy process and he does not believe that is going to happen. In the meantime, we got all the court dates for custody and divorce that will happen if the genetic testing does not.
So this weekend was pretty good, have not received any word yet from my bf's attorney, but I am assuming that will happen today. He generally likes to put everything together in one email rather than sending one update at a time. We went to this beer and bourbon festival on Saturday and ran into one of bf's co-workers and his wife. Ended up afterwards getting a drink out at a bar with them. The wife, I really liked her and I found someone to totally relate to. She is his second wife, he has a daughter, and she went through a lot of what I am currently going through with her husband.
Well today was a total waste of time. So the judge said they have 5 - 6 days to get the genetic testing done and BM's attorney has to file x,y, and z for it. BM had her attorney ask for child support today in court, the judge said he cannot do any of that before the genetic testing is done. And that was all that happened in court.
Been a while since I posted any updates on court and what is going on. I just got back to town yesterday after being out of state for a week for an unexpected death in my family in another state. Not looking for sympathy, but didn't want people commenting I hope things are okay if I was more vague because they clearly are not, but anyways I am not here to talk about that.
Thank you all of you who read and commented on my last blog post regarding court. So apparently proving adultery in court is not as easy as you would think in a fault based state. For the BM to prove I exist she would need video proof, images, or a witness to us doing something sexual, etc. Just having even texts, calls, etc. between us would not be enough to say my bf has committed adultery. On the other hand, having the genetic blood test done, once the results reveal the oldest child (4) is not my boyfriend's, it proves the BM committed adultery.
So I just got off the phone with my boyfriend, court did not go well. The judge said that he would not hear the pendente lite hearing today, it got scheduled for October 8. They go back to court on August 23 for the genetic testing hearing, whereas the results of the blood test are going to be presented which will show that the oldest child is not biologically his. Once that happens, my boyfriend will be taken off the birth certificate and lose his rights to her. Once that happens, it will prove adultery and the divorce will be finalized and in my boyfriend's favor.
Well today is finally the day for the pendente lite hearing, court is at 10 am and there is really no expectation of how it is going to go. The BM and her lawyer still have not responded to anything my bf's lawyer has sent them, so either they aren't going to show up (which would be stupid on their part and BM is dumb, but I don't think she is that dumb) or they are just trying to keep my bf and his lawyer on their toes (most probable).