Ok people...My 14 year old daughter is so high maintenance right now. While she is with me I make her pay for things and she doesn't usually get the best of the best. She knows that she has to earn things when she is with me. But recently her mom (my Ex) told her that she would go in half (when she is 16) on a Range Rover if I would too. A flippin Range Rover for a 16 year old girl?? I lost it when she brought it up. I told her Absolutely not! I had a long conversation with her about status and keeping up with the Joneses etc. Since then around me she has talked about Honda Civics. Used ones too! Much better, but she still is on the Range Rover kick when it comes to my father. She told him that her mom is willing to go in half if my dad would. My dad laughed at her and had "the talk" with her too about having nice things and how those things need to be earned. This all stems from her mom and that side of the family. They all are "big hat, no cattle". Ya know the kind that drive 70-80K cars but yet rent a house. hahaha. Unreal! I am trying super hard to break her of this expensive attitude. I do my best but she is only with me 45% of the time. The other 55% she is being "won over" by momma who is trying to win more time in court. All because she has brain washed her into believing that is what she needs. See by me telling her "heck no" on the range rover it makes me look like the bad guy. Her mom knows I will say no so she won't ever have to follow through with her promise. Maybe I should call her bluff? lol. One more thing....She hit me up just two days ago for a Gucci Belt...I was clueless how much those cost. Well the one she wanted was $450. I about choked on my own spit! Are u serious! I am a middle class dad by know means has this kind of money but even if I did I wouldn't spend it on that. Super crazy what I deal with! I guess the next time I have her we are going to have a talk about the belt too! One thing I won't do is give up but I guarantee ya her mom put her up to this too. Maybe its time I start calling her bluff. What do you guys think?