Meet the Family: A Visual Slap-Stick Representation of my DH's and SD18's Relationship
Short story short, I found this SHORT video on Youtube -and it ALL MADE SENSE! I've been in this step-family for six years, and when I saw Garrett's video, the interaction between Garrett (the singer) and Ivan (the cat) was EXACTLY like how my DH and SD18 interact.
My SD is so malignantly optimistic! He's blindly oblivious to how SD18 (REALLY) feels about him and his actions UNTIL she literally and figurately "puts the bite" on him. SD18 (estranged from DH from age 14 on) is so DONE with DH; it showed on her face the last time I saw her.
The best comments for Garrett's and Ivan's videos were:
- When looking up "toxic relationship," it should guide you to this video. LOL!!!
- "I love how the cats like, "don't worry yall, I'll f*ck him up for this one!"
- The cat :*wtf, here we go again; he'll let me bite him just for the increased number of views.
- This dude's tolerance for pain is legendary.
- I love it when the cat looks perplexed at the camera, like trying to ask people to agree his owner is totally nuts.
- There has to be a villain-origin backstory for that cat.
Yes, DH and SD18 had a toxic, now estranged relationship. And I love how SD18 used to do the old, "don't worry yall, I'll f*ck him up for this one!" before she did one of her passive-aggressive shenanigans. And, of course, DH would let SD18 "bite" him because he was getting something out of it. Then there's the villain-origin backstory for SD18- in a later post.
More of Garrett and Ivan: