'Tis the season for Double Standards... fa la la la la la la la la
I do all my Black Friday shopping on line. Can't deal with people. So I hunker down Thursday night at the laptop to start shopping. I had lists, I checked them twice, compared prices, shipping etc. I'm pretty OCD like that. So I mention to DH that BS7 said he wanted an Instant Camera for Christmas. DH immediately says, "that's stupid, do you know how much the film for those things costs? Something like that has no value, it's just junk that will wind up broken or in a heap" I told him to chill out, that BS is SEVEN and he doesn't care about things having "value" (well he does, to an extent, he does collect coins and baseball cards) and it's freaking Christmas, let the kid be a kid. And I might add, it's not like we hurt for money. A 60 dollar instant camera is not going to affect us paying the utility bill.
But what really chaps my hind end is the fact that in the 10 years that I have been with DH, he has had NO problem dropping hundreds of dollars every Christmas and Birthday on JUNK for skids. Let me see if I can conjur up the different shit over the years...
1. Countless video game systems (WII, Nintendo, X Box etc) that went to BM's and were NEVER seen again.
2. Season passes to ski resort plus all the "fixings" (ski coats, snow boards goggles etc) and skids went ONCE! One ##cking time!
3. Brand new cell phones, that again, went to BM's and were never seen again, or were broken or lost within 30 days.
4. As they got older the ever popular "wad of cash" so they could blow it on drugs or clothes or sneakers or who knows what?? Because they NEVER had anything to show for it.
5. Keith Urban guitar so SD could teach herself how to play the guitar. She tried once and the stupid thing sat in the closet and she left it when she moved to Aunt J's.
I'm sure I'm forgetting a whole bunch of shit, but you all get the idea here. BS7 is an awesome kid. He really is. He does well in school, just received his 9th belt in taekwando (been doing it for almost 3 years now), has received numerous awards for respect, responsibility, student of the year etc., plays soccer, plays baseball, is respectful, and kind. Sure he can be a brat from time to time... what kid can't? But 90% of the time, this kid is the bomb! I mean the kid sat on Santa's lap this weekend and told Santa he wants a Nutcracker for Christmas lmao. And DH wants to crab about a f##king $60.00 Christmas gift? When he literally dropped hundreds on skids EVERY Christmas.. in addition to what they were getting from BMs. Whatever.
As I'm sure you can guess, I ordered BS7 his camera, his Nutcracker, and a Fit Bit, and a Google Home, and a whole bunch of other stuff that I know he will love. I.don't.give.A.F. whether DH likes it or not. And if he crabs about it again, I am going to for the throat. I seriously can't stand this double standard crap.