OT - Woman Wednesday
Men are welcome to comment, too! This is more of a blog to remind myself that I made the choice to learn and grow during the chaos. It's been a bit of a rollercoaster ride and I haven't always been successful, but I've definitely come out on top.
We've been dealing with the stress and strain of the pandemic/quarantine for over a year now. Some areas have opened up and are going full speed ahead while others continue to have restrictions and closed/limited access. And while things ARE moving forward, we have experienced loss - jobs, businesses, loved ones.
My DH experienced almost no changes at work and is a total homebody, so things have been relatively normal for him. My job went remote late March 2020 (BIG change for me). And while I'm not a social butterfly, there are a handful of things I've missed.
- The most awful thing for me in the last year has been the loss of loved ones compounded by not being able to attend their funerals. There is nothing anyone can do with Zoom to compensate for not being able to say a final goodbye. And no matter how big or bold the font, no written HUGS can make up for not being able to physically touch those who are hurting.
- The saddest thing has been the giant chasm that opened between my sister and me (I touched on that in another blog). She was my biggest confidante and best friend. It has made for some lonely times when I've felt the need to share something woman to woman.
- The best thing has been the strengthening of my marriage. Don't get me wrong - DH and I are going strong and nothing (since I found STalk!) has happened that we have remotely considered splitting. Rather, we found that when the chips are down in a big way, we are 1000% committed to being a team.
I've learned things over the course of the last year (plus some)...
- When you cannot touch someone physically, you can touch them with words and actions. A handwritten letter is so much better than an email or text. A phone call, even more so.
- I am more self-reliant that I realized. The absence of my confidante has made me dig down deeper into myself and I've become more self-aware. Let's just say that, while we weren't too keen on one another for many years, Me, Myself, and I have finally become good friends.
- I am still astounded by the depth of love my husband has for me, but even more so by how it has grown. I've become stronger because of his support and we have grown stronger supporting each other. We're feeling quite alpha-wolfish.
Again, I'm not a social butterfly, but definitely missed some things. I darn near did a happy dance - in public! - when I saw the salad bar was reopened at the grocery store. Woo hoo!
Something that surprised me is that I am finally comfortable in my own skin. Seems I'm not as fat as I think I am... Showed pics to DH, a couple of friends, and my doctor of what I think I look like. What I see in the mirror is distorted. Hello, BDD! Nothing like adding to the collection (OCD, ADHD, etc...). So I entered into a toxic - and short - relationship with online shopping and have a new wardrobe. I still feel fat, but I'm looking fat and happy. *yahoo* Sexy has been mentioned a lot lately. *blush* I guess confidence can do that to you...
So I leave you with this (and please feel free to share and add!)...
Hate has 4 letters, so does Love.
Enemies has 7 letters, so does Friends.
Lying has 5 letters, so does Truth.
Negative has 8 letters, so does Positive.
Under has 5 letters, so does Above.
Cry has 3 letters, so does Joy.
Anger has 5 letters, so does Happy.
Right has 5 letters, so does Wrong.
Hurt has 4 letters, so does Heal.
It means life is like a double-edged sword... so transform every negative side into an aura of positivity. We should choose the better side of life.