OT - Tone-up Tuesday
Or, in my case, Monday 2.0. Blech! The good news is that I'm down 2 pounds,. The bad news - NO idea how I did it. Must have been the protein in those maple-bacon donuts I had on Saturday...
What is a childhood activity that you still enjoy? If you say "None" or can't think of anything, that's sad! I don't care how old you are...SAD. A trip back to childhood can be FUN and possibly reduce your stress level.
Things I still enjoy:
- Coloring. I have the 152 piece crayon collection to make things real purty.
Don't give me mandalas or some other symetrically perfect image! My OCD will go crazy trying to be perfect and my stress level will go UP!
- Bike riding. Oh, the carefree days of being on my bike aaaaaall day long! Back in the days of just you and your bike and maybe some friends. No helmets, no padding, no water bottle holders (we stopped at someone's house and drank out of the hose or drank from a stream). Good exercise, good memories. Nowadays, my old arse NEEDS that protective stuff!
- Swings. Did you ever swing so high you thought you'd go over the top of the swingset? And, of course, you and your friend JUMPED OFF at the same time to see who could land the farthest away. One of my sisters did that.... and left the back half of her shorts behind. Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!
- Kick The Can. The hidiing, the running, the adrenaline.... Whose ready to play?
- Hopscotch. All you need is a piece of chalk and a sidewalk. I almost always had chalk in my pocket.
- Jumping rope. Solo or with friends. It's a good cardio workout. Anyone up for some Double Dutch?
BONUS INFO: Jumping rope is the equivalent of doing a 5.7-minute mile. 10 minutes of jumping equals a 30-minute run. Aniki wants a new jump rope!
I would do any of these activities in a heartbeat! What about you?