OT - Thirsty Thursday/Thankful Thursday
It's Friday Eve, STalkers! Only <insert number> cups of coffee until the weekend begins! Or tea. Or whatever beverage floats your boat.
What fulfills your Thirsty? It's a balmy 11 degrees outside (Real Feel of 1 degree). Days like this make me want to throw on fleece pants and shirt and some thick socks and curl up under a fuzzy blanket with a big, hot, steaming mug of something yummy to warm up the evil in me. *diablo*
- Morning: Coffee. Period. If I'm not drinking coffee, I'm sick.
- Afternoon: Hot Vanilla. This is made with milk, sugar, my homemade vanilla extract, and cardamom.
- Evening: Woodhouse Dark Hot Chocolate or Sleepytime tea
- Feverish: Chicken broth or fruit-flavored tea
- Feeling barfy: mint tea
Aniki's secret desire: to reopen ye olde bookstore and call it Kahvi, Kissa, & Kirja. That's Finnish for Coffee, Cat & Book. Yep. I'd have a cafe/bookstore that was home to adoptable kitties. I can dream...
I know some are struggling. That is the perfect time to reflect on things for which you are thankful. Maybe the load will feel a bit lighter. Things for which I'm thankful:
- Having most of my body parts and they're in working order (appendix, tonsils, and adenoids are not needed!).
- Eyes are weak (hello, corrective vision), but I can see.
- Hearing is at Radar level (oh, some of the things I overhear!)
- I don't move as fast as I used to, but I have all of my limbs/digits intact and functioning.
- Material things too often taken for granted
- working car
- solid house
- good job
- sturdy clothes & shoes
- Dad, the person I strive to be
- DH, my rock
- good friends
Count your blessings, STalkers! <3