OT - Thankful/Thirsty Thursday
Happy Friday Eve, STalkers!
Thought I would combine Thankful and Thirsty today (haven't had a Thirsty Thursday for a long while).
I am thankful for:
- My family members are safe and well.
- The relative peacefulness of the holiday season this year. Well, at least for DH and me.
- No fighting holiday traffic (me).
- Not having to deal with horrific shopping crowds (me).
- No fretting about getting the house 'shipshape' for Christmas (DH).
- Me not having to deal with DH getting his knickers in a twist about the kitchen floor not being mopped because I'm still baking the freakin' pies. *lol*
- Getting to sleep in on Christmas day for the first time in a decade.
- The ability to work from home. In the beginning, I absolutely loathed it. As I sit here - cross-legged in my recliner - in fleece pants, an oversized sweatshirt, and slippers with no makeup and my hair in a bedhead bun, I'm loving it!
- King Pita is on vacation all next week. Woo hoo!!! (Too bad it's not all next year.... MEOW!)
Let's bring on some Thirsty Thursday!
What are your favorite things to drink during the holiday season? Despite the cold temps, I typically don't start drinking hot beverages other than my much-love khavi until Christmastime. To name a few - hot AND cold:
- Apple cider (hot)
- Cranberry cider (hot - recipe link below)
- Flavored teas (hot)
- Evan Williams eggnog (cold)
- Brandy Alexanders (ice cold!)
Which reminds me: I need to stick that bottle of eggnog into the refrigerator...