OT - Thankful Thursday
Happy Thursday, STalkers! We're one day closer to the weekend. I was hoping to sleep in on Saturday, but the neighbors are having a yard sale. Sigh. Maybe Sunday...
I don't know anyone who has gone through life with minimal problems. We have all suffered through something (or multiple things) that are frustrating, agonizing, heartbreaking,... I suffer from depression and there are days when the Black Dog is not just nipping at my heels - he has climbed on my back and is weighing me down. There are days when it takes everything I have to get out of bed and MOVE. And since the death of my darling Mr. P, it's even harder to do. At times like that, I do my best to be thankful for the little things.
Little (big) things for which I am thankful:
- I woke up this morning. Not everyone did.
- Aside from a few, unnecessary things (appendix, tonsils...) my body is whole and functioning. I can MOVE.
- My eyes may be weak, but I can see. Bonus: I can see in color.
- I can hear. Sometimes more than I want....
- My voicebox is fully functional and I can speak (although I sometimes chose not to).
- I have privileges/abilities others do not:
- I can drive and have a working vehicle
- I have a job
- I can read and write
- There is food in the house, I know how to cook, and cook well.
- I have a solid roof over my head and a good home.
Most importantly, I have family and friends who are there when I need them. Who make me laugh when I want to cry. Who pick me up when I fall down. Who hold me close to keep me from self-destructing.
I KNOW it's not always easy, Take a minute to think about the little things you have that others would give anything to have or be able to do.
Peace and love, STalk family.