OT - Eff Off Friday/Forn Friday
Welcome to Friday, STalkers! 9.5 hours 'til I get this weekend started (working tonight). I'd really like a vacation for Christmas...
Eff off to:
- King Pita. Please take vacation for a year, KP. 97% of us know how to do our jobs. Why are you constantly pestering those who know what they're doing instead of riding the arses of those who collect a paycheck for breathing? Wasting my time going over shizzit I obviously know and have already answered/completed is a bunch of crap. If you rode Captain Incompetent's arse, maybe you'd finally get some work out of him.
- Wrapping gifts. Gads, is it time-consuming. Even when using some gift bags. I should make it a game... put a Santa hat on the corner of the TV. Any time someone is 'wearing it, take a drink (Evan Williams eggnog). Any time I misplace the tape or scissors, take a drink. Could be fun!
Forn is 'food' and 'p0rn' combined.
I love carbs. Bread, muffins, pancakes... And my pants got tighter just typing that. In my quest for healthier choices, I've found things that satisfy my cravings for certain foods. One of those is something I call PanCrepes. We had a single banana that was reeeeeeally ripe. You know: aromatic, mostly brown peel, very soft. Neither DH nor I wanted to eat it as is, not enough to make Banana Nut Bread, and didn't want to throw it out. And PanCrepes were born.
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- drizzle of vanilla bean paste (optional)
- cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, pumpkin pie spice... (one or more, all optional)
- Mix ingredients until well combined (I zhuzh it up in a blender).
Melt a tablespoon of butter in a pan over a medium heat and cook about 4 pancrepes per batch (depending on the size of the pan).
Cook the pancrepes about 1-2 minutes per side (the bubbles pop). Cover the pan while the pancrepes cook on the first side before flipping. This allows the top to steam a little bit, making them fluffier and easier to flip.
Serve immediately. Drizzle with honey or fresh berries or both.
Do you have a healthier food substitute or recipe version you'd like to share?
Wishing you a stress-free, healthy, and enjoyable weekend!