OT - Eff Off Friday/Forn Friday
TGIF!!! 2+ hours and I can put this craptastic workweek behind me. Eff off to:
- Computer connectivity issues.
- A flawed helpdesk phone system.
- Jerkwads manning the HelpDesk who treat you like a moronic 5yo because you don't know tech talk and they flip back and forth between screens so fast, it's like looking at a strobe light (headache).
- And thanks ever so much for starting that upgrade before I had a chance to so much as screenshot the VITAL credentials I need to access once the upgrade is complete, Speed Racer. No, I don't have them memorized. Nothing has changed in 3 bloody YEARS. Why would I memorize an obscure bit of data that a) I've never before seen, and 2) has never before failed?
- People beeyotching and whining about the snow. It's WINTER. You live in an area with a freaking LOT of lake effect snow. Snow at this time of year is a fact of life and we'll likely have remnants of snow on the ground in mid to late May. Please STFU or move.
Forn is 'food' and 'p0rn' combined.
In the last 2 days, I have literally spent 10+ hours on the phone with various members of the HelpDesk. My throat feels like raw meat and I'm swallowing Sriracha-coated shards of glass.
My go-to? A hot honey and lemon toddy. This is also good for a sore throat and cough.. Honey is an anti-inflammatory (as well as an antioxidant AND antibacterial agent). Lemon contains vitamin C and antioxidants. It also increases the amount of saliva you produce to keep your mucus membranes moist and soothe your throat.
For the evening adult version, add an ounce of whiskey to help you sleep.
Wishing you a stress-free, healthy, and enjoyable weekend!