Update to Little Idiot’s Rape (Long)
So after my post the other day about the recruiter contacting DH, which immediately took a turn into the announcement that she had been raped.... I thought I would post some updates on how this is unfolding
Little Idiot (SD19) didn’t give too many details, and she was taking forever to answer the barrage of texts sent her way, but we did gather the following information from her (and a few sent between DH and BM)...
-The rape allegedly happened a month ago. Not sure when BM found out about this but it’s been a while apparently.
- LI is still best friends with the boy’s sister because “she doesn’t talk to her brother that much”. Phone and text records indicate they are as close as ever.
- BM has been aware of this rape and has her in counseling.
-LI doesn’t want to file a police report because “(she) doesn’t want to be called a liar”. BM (who also claimed she was raped as a teen after a man allegedly snuck in through her window one night) agrees with LI. She “understands how she feels” and “this is why I chose this counselor for LI, because she respects that it’s her choice”
- LI also thinks the police “won’t do anything”. DH tried to convince her that this needs to be reported for a variety of reasons: closure for her, a file on record for him Incase he does this to someone else, and we really have no idea if a case can be built but we should still TRY.
-LI has allegedly been seen by a doctor (at some point) and is not pregnant (thank god).
-The rape occurred at the best friend’s house while the best friend “left the house for a while”. The best friend and BM are the only people aware this happened.
- The boy is 17. I remember when LI lived with us that she mentioned him a few times. She acted IMO like a giddy school girl, happily blathering on about how her friend’s younger brother had a crush on her.
-Finding his picture on Twitter, he looks like a wanna-be boy band dweeb that weighs all of 100 pounds soaking wet.
- LI says she is “fine” and (thankfully) wants to stay down there because she’s (allegedly) going to college and (allegedly) has a job.
-LI planned, for some reason, on waiting to tell us this at Christmas when she came up.
DH’s reaction to all of this is basically the following...
- He is frustrated and confused about how this is being handled. He doesn’t understand why she refuses to go to the police, though he is trying to tell himself that this is normal. That some women don’t want to report it for a variety of reasons.
- He has gone through stages of anger and depression though last night he seemed back to normal.
- During his anger stage he wanted to do various things that would have left him in jail. I refused to entertain any of these ideas.
-He thinks LI’s reaction to this all is very strange. He says she is acting like everything is fine and no big deal. BMs reaction is the same and equally confusing.
- BM is a bad mother he thinks and the worst thing that ever happened to LI was moving to FL because her mom is so awful and if she was here, we would have her on the right track.
- LI has made some poor decisions and is going down the wrong road.
- He admitted that the Coast Guard fiasco shows that LI was lying all along and said these “pathological lies” have got to stop. He doesn’t think (or at least won’t say) that LI might be lying about the rape.
- He sent a Facebook message to the friend basically saying this what’s going on and we need your side of the stor. His hope is that she will answer and if she Denys that her brother did this, he can show the messages to LI proving that she’s not a good friend and get LI away from her. He cant understand why LI would want to be friends with her and potentially put herself in harms way if the brother is still going to be around. So far, the friend hasn’t seen the message.
- He is trying to balance what he calls “advice from the medical community” which he says states that women who have been raped have many good reasons for not wanting to report it and what he believes which is that she needs to report this. He feels at a loss because he’s not a woman so he thinks he doesn’t know how she’s feeling right now so he can’t judge her too much for not filing.
Now for my opinions (and that of my mother’s after discussion with her)...
- This is an attention grab.
- It was consensual
- They are all whacked, including DH for believing this
- LI only told us because she wanted the attention not because she wanted anything done about it and got upset (as confirmed by BM) when DH started making a huge deal out of this.
-Thankfully she is not going to make a huge deal out of this and report it and ruin some kid’s life because it’s all BS
- Any Idiot (except DH) can see this doesn’t add up.
- It’s probably an excuse to continue to fail at life. Now she will have the ultimate reason to delay college and adult life - trauma. Nothing will ever be her fault. She will forever be damaged by this and unable to function.
- BM’s personality traits are growing stronger by the day.
- I cant trust a word she says. She is indeed a pathological liar and she is stupid as well.
-If I want to leave I have the support of my family.