Part TWO Little Idiot and the Coast Guard Saga: The End... or IS it?
After hearing from Little Idiot (SD19), I didn’t say anything to DH about it. I knew he’d bring up the subject on his own eventually (which he did a little later). Please enjoy this trip down the rabbit hole...
DH’s thoughts were that:
1. Little Idiot thought that CG boot camp would be easy and when she got there last summer she found herself in over her head (Yes!)
2. DH’s one SIL didn’t help things because she made a comment during LI’s high school grad party (that I threw for her btw). SIL told LI that DH called his parents when he was in begging to come home because it was too difficult. (Apparently, not true according to DH and all the rest of the family. SIL does have this weird habit of making up things that happened in the past) Still DH feels she did major damage to LI’s Coast Guard resolve by telling her this.
3. This “I don’t want to give up on the Coast Guard. I think I’ll join after a year of college” is a stupid idea and she is only saying this because she is ashamed to admit she’s giving up. (Yes!)
4. It really is SIL’s fault, you know, SHE caused this
5. There’s no shame in going to college, am-I-right??? I mean not everyone is cut out for the military. But she could have easily done it if she really wanted to!
6. At least LI had the GUTS to admit she didn’t want to go back! It takes guts and GRIT to admit that.
7. SIL should have never said that to her. It put doubt in her mind and gave her a excuse to quit.
8. LI will be fine going to college for law enforcement. They practically hand females jobs in that field! (I didn’t tell him she told me maybe she’ll go for law enforcement but maybe culinary arts instead)
Now my concerns...
1. She has no job. She has no car or money for gas. She is paying for her Invisalign through “Cash App” and is late on her payments. BM is no help. She hasn’t contributed a penny to SD’s upbringing in 19 years.
2. Even if she applied for financial aid and it went through at the last minute, was she able to get into a dorm this late? If not that means commuting.
3. She hasn’t been down there long enough to establish residency. She hasn’t even changed her address. She will be charged out of state tuition.
4. She was only accepted a couple weeks ago. Everything was done last minute and there have been no calls to the college. When you go to college you typically make a ton of phone calls to straighten things out.
5. She “thinks” classes start next week “but the spring semester starts in January”. This is what she told me yesterday. If you are planning on going this fall you’d KNOW when classes start. Putting it off to January now?
So it appears (at least for now) that she’s not coming back BUT I have a feeling this is just the beginning of a new book: Little Idiot and the College Saga!