You are here

Oops! It looks like the page you were looking for no longer exists. Sorry about that. However, maybe one of these will satisfy your curiosity?

Search results

Why do we stay?

Teenage Stepchildren I have 2 SS, ages 17 and 15 who live with me, DH and my Bio twins of 14 full time. I have disengaged time and time again through the past 8 years, pretty successfully mostly, however after another occasion for disappointment and after ...

Satcommom - 01/11/2016 - 2:57pm - 15 comments

Disengage because I care too much

Disengaging I been with FH for over 4 yrs now. Living together for 2.5. We are set to marry this year.  No BM, she passed years before I arrived on scene. Skids are SD19 and SS13(soon 14). i have 2 kids DD16 and DS12.  All kids live with us, mine 85% of t ...

Downsouth - 06/29/2018 - 7:57pm - 8 comments

Venting about his holiday attitude!

Adult Stepchildren I am disengaged from SD27 for about two years which includes NOT spending any real time or energy on Christmas gifts for her anymore. SS30 is completely out of the picture and has been no-contact for many years now. By way of background ...

2Tired4Drama - 12/20/2017 - 10:58am - 16 comments

OT- Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday, STalkers! We're one day closer to the weekend. I was hoping to sleep in on Saturday, but the neighbors are having a yard sale. Sigh. Maybe Sunday... I don't know anyone who has gone through life with minimal problems. We have all ...

Aniki-Moderator - 09/26/2019 - 12:13pm - 26 comments

Meeting Requested

So, DH let me know last night that BM and SD15 asked he and I to go to BMs for dinner this coming weekend. Without freaking out, I let DH talk first. My reaction- after hearing DH out, I agree to meet but I have some ideas of my own, as a SM and in an imm ...

Cover1W - 02/20/2019 - 10:54am - 28 comments

ME. I am the problem.

Adult Stepchildren Truly. I volunteer to do things regarding the steps and then get angry at MYSELF because I think I am trying to buy their friendship approval but it is likely not going to happen.  case in point. As this list knows SD is getting married ...

Newimprvmodel - 10/16/2022 - 4:53pm - 17 comments

Advice please

General Discussion It happened on Tuesday. I felt literally dead until Friday when I went to see my therapist. Now I feel better but still. I've been married for 4,5 years. I have twins 13,5 yo living with us. My husband has the full custody. Grandfa ...

Salan787 - 02/11/2023 - 11:37am - 18 comments

Ex wife can't cut the umbilical cord...

Teenage Stepchildren Hi All, I am new to this site, and after searching for answers online I came up short. So I was hoping someone could help me out, and give their opinion. I am stepmom to a 12 year old daughter, and 13 year old son. We are having issue ...

minnymouse77 - 04/08/2014 - 4:54pm - 15 comments

Step Children Returned

Adult Stepchildren Hi All, My hisband and I have been together for 13yrs and married 7, for 11 years of our relationship the children now aged 27 and 25 wanted nothing to do with their father or me. There was 3 3rd Child or so we thought but I'll get ...

Diane E - 12/27/2023 - 9:50pm - 12 comments

I’m leaving him.

General Discussion I've been quiet here recently because I've been trying to navigate some very difficult waters.    Grab a cup of tea. You won't believe this.    DH, SS12, SS9, SD7 and I all moved house (entirely at my expense) to a beauti ...

Animegirl - 12/15/2019 - 7:33pm - 31 comments

Pages