You are here

Oops! It looks like the page you were looking for no longer exists. Sorry about that. However, maybe one of these will satisfy your curiosity?

Search results

Accountability!

General Discussion Hi, I am new to this so bear with me, I am not sure if I am posting in the right area or not... I looked for similar topics to post under but didn't see anything similar. Here it goes, I have been a stepmom Mom for almost 6 years n ...

leighlee12 - 12/08/2017 - 1:26pm - 6 comments

Ever seen the movie 'Step-Mom'? Well....

Well, the movie is just that. It's a movie. Yes, they show the rebellious daughter that doesn't accept the new woman in her father's life, but they fail to capture so much. I am engaged to the love of my life. He has a 3 year old from a pre ...

KBee - 10/08/2018 - 4:14pm - 7 comments

Partner has PTSD- I end up having to look after the kids

General Discussion I have my own DD who is 14, he has two kids who are 10 and 12. He's has PTSD from severe childhood sexual abuse. I also have PTSD from an abusive childhood. He is a functional alcoholic, he doesn't do anything bad, he will jus ...

MissMouse - 12/28/2021 - 3:05pm - 15 comments

How much weight does the school carry?

Summary of where we are: SS13 ran away almost 2 weeks ago. BB told him she couldn't handle him and he had to come live with his dad. Now, BB says she wants him back at the end of the school year. SS is failing school and has behavior issues. YES, we ...

didddos - 05/16/2007 - 8:47am - 13 comments

My brother in law passed away this weekend

General Discussion I'm so broken, him and my husband were best friends.  Now my sister is a widow with 4 children 2 under the age of 10 and there is a teen son and a son who is going to be married in 1 year.    I'm so sad that he's gone, bu ...

Someoneelse - 09/19/2023 - 1:31pm - 16 comments

Trolls / StepTalk Bullies

Why do you suppose that posters like SMOKIA are able to bully people who sincerely need help and come to this site to vent.......... AND ALL THE ADMINS DO IS KICK OFF LONG TERM (helpful) MEMBERS??? I'm sure I will be next... skylarksms's blog ...

skylarksms - 08/16/2011 - 10:52am - 56 comments

Let's talk about the bedroom

First of all I'm not interested in talking about the details of anyone's sex life. I would like to talk about how, in this very complicated life we all seem to be living, you work out time to be with your significant other for intimate time. (No ...

robinray - 01/20/2007 - 12:11pm - 25 comments

Mini-wife syndrome. Where is mini-husband syndrome??

Adult Stepchildren I did as a member recommended and googled mini-wife syndrome. It talks about fathers who are guilt riden. What about mothers who are guilt riden?? I didn't find anything on that. That is my problem. My GF is guilt riden and SD22 is ...

t_bell40 - 11/26/2017 - 11:27am - 23 comments

How to pose the new "balance of power" to the SD?

Adult Stepchildren I will be moving into the house my Fiancee owns this summer. Currently it is just her and SD22 there. SD22 is generally a good kid but super needy, no friends, and a little too entitled for my liking. In short, she doesn't understa ...

Superdad454 - 04/05/2012 - 1:19pm - 19 comments

OT- What are some things that you splurge on?

I recently (at 33 years of age) got my first pedicure. I have never had a manicure either. I loved it. I love that my nailpolish still looks great 2 weeks later. I am thinking I am going to get another one in a couple of weeks. Now to me this is a SPLURGE ...

zerostepdrama - 08/06/2014 - 1:14pm - 46 comments

Pages